UK v5 Wagon

quit

after two v4's and a v2 i wanted a facelift in mica blue, i looked at 3 lemon saloons that were all ragged to death and poor things were dying

then one night i stumbled across a advert pretty basic but covered all the main points but it was in kent and wanted shot by 20th july.

my best mate took me to the station for the half 7 train to kings cross then hopped over to maidstone in kent where the seller picked me up from the station. Fantastic guy chatted for ages was a fellow petrol nut and this had been his girlfriends run about for the last 3 years. expanding family and finances ment it had to go for something cheaper to keep so advertised it with no offers but after a few emails i agreed the sale price if everything was as described.

Panic set in about half way thinking if its crap getting home and i was going to give up.... But nope was as described and had a few supermarket car park knocks and marks and not been serviced properly in years but overall im happy

car was filthy tho . hate it when sellers dont bother washing it or a quick hoover. So a sunday with my mate who took me to the station spent a couple hours washing and polishing, treating scratches and adding bits i managed to find from previous cars .

The car has some of the prodrive performance pack included which the seller didnt even notice!

first up is some servicing and bits and bobs then few subtle changes to the outside before hitting the power / handling

making a start
7CE10067_zpsff1e355a.jpg

dash pod
DB134ADC_zps8300b17c.jpg

minging boot
B9E60693_zpsc859bb9b.jpg

then some trusty autoglym dye
86DE2C89_zpsf3cc09c0.jpg

added buddy club caps
98E611CC_zpsc132013c.jpg

speedline prodrive alloys
0D2396FD_zpsd8895f84.jpg

and washed
5F267AFB_zps5c20d0a0.jpg

4E5F4EB3_zps73c65ce0.jpg

next up she was serviced up by my local scoob expert and given it a once over and all good , diff still a bit Whiney but not as bad as before so hopefully the new oil will work it's way in next few miles

Had some bad lacquer peel on bonnet vents , after top gear decided to cover them up

15443DA5_zps0691ad7b.jpg

Kitchen work top ruined lol

B5192B91_zps7a8bcbd0.jpg

Then got this , all in jibber ish
5FB931FB_zpsc1a02626.jpg

Get them back on the car tomorrow after work

• Like 1

Cusco rear brace in

F28F553F_zps17a52204.jpg

Then with load cover in nice and stealth

2F1FC12C_zpsf4ce63e5.jpg

Quick tint of rear lights till I fix my Sti rears I had for wagon01

EF41D090_zps3b9eabbd.jpg

BDC7C3CB_zpse5972608.jpg

Inside view of the scoop

C3C11307_zps862d4fc5.jpg

The wheels are the best change I think , has a hint of blue in
981F38C9_zps2aad3d14.jpg

cheers ! i do love em, had 2 now (white v4 before) just so damn practical going shows with a 18 month old

Tho next year when its mapped up to run meth i doubt the wife will let me take him in it and follow me in one of our other cars lol

new fog covers

29BB2983_zps8868984d.jpg

p1 covers, im going to paint them blue to be colour coded, then mesh behind and make air feeds out of them (passenger side will just be made to match drivers side)

new splitter is coming

835921C4_zpsaf6a3fbe.jpg

then a new age intercooler off a mate for 50 quid

8FE9117A_zps0ef57759.jpg

think i will remove the DV and run without one for that evil sound they make lol!!

That looks the same as mine, if it's a genuine one it'll have forge stamped around the top bit, there's lots of copies about, I know from mine the the genuine forge doesn't cause running issues, !Removed! bargain all in pal