New Legacy Owner

TeryB

Hello there.

I've just gone and bought myself a 2006 Legacy 3.0R Spec B and thought I'd come and join your club. 

Little bit about me...

I commute 350 miles a week meaning I needed a small economical diesel to keep my fuel costs down so I went and bought the Legacy, because I'm a brainless idiot. I don't even need an estate, I'm a single man. I've justified it to myself by saying that it's AWD ready for the winter. Seems legit. It's silver with 117k ont' clock and drives like new (I assume). It's got FSH and there isn't a mark on it. I couldn't be happier. I giggle like a schoolgirl when I kick down the auto box. Plus, the MPG isn't as bad as I thought, I've managed 36mpg according to the trip computer When nursing it to work and back) but I've filled it up and will do a bit of maths to verify.

So, that's that.

Thanks for having me.

Tery.

Wotcha and welcome - AWD for winter sounds like a smart approach to me ;)

feel free to get stuck into the forum we have quite a few legacy owners - always keen to see other peoples motors so dont be camera shy :)

Welcome , and well done on your fuel consumption , I get an average of 25.6 mpg, I think it must be the way your driving it causing you problems, if you press the right pedal down you should be able to put it back right, Lol, but seriously welcome and great to have another spec b legacy in the club.

Well, one tank of fuel later and I managed 32.2mpg. More than happy with that. That was mostly motorway and a bit of 'right foot fun' thrown in. 

I have noticed a couple of things wrong with the car though... Firstly, when on full lock, the outer front wheel seems to 'skip' across the ground and I've noticed a 'knock' on the front which I think is the exhaust or maybe an engine mount or something. I can sit in the car with the engine off and rock from side to side and get it to knock so I'm not worried that it's something major, I'll get it up on a mates ramps at the weekend. Anyone shed any light on the 'skipping' thing though?

Thanks.

Yeah we had another member with that skipping not long ago I can't remember what it was in the end I'm sure he was from Barnsley I will have a look see if I can find it. I know it was sorted out. But as said above 1st thing I'd have a look at is give the steering belt a twitch they do come slack over time and need a little bit of a tweak.