Very poor performance in damp conditions - Noob help

Manners0485

Cheers Scooby Pete. Yeah mate It happens when Im coming off the accelerator. Tried testing it on my way home from work to see if the tracking an tyres being swapped around have made it any better, but it's dry today so couldn't really tell as it's been fairly ok in the dry anyway. Still making me nervous on the roundabouts though.

Sorry Stants I overlooked your post from yday by mistake, sorry to be a dumbass but was does oem mean? When I bought the car it came with 17" rims and 245/45 wheels on it. I let a bit of air out of the tyres yday so the back are around 29-30psi and the front are around 32-35psi.

No worries, basically ome equates yo how it came from the factory. Did it come with 16" or 17" rims as standard

20141021_110103_zpsaqns7scr.jpg

Do you have a sticker like this inside drivers door ?

Tells you what size rims with which combination of tyres you can put on the car.

Have a peek and see what it references with what you've got on

Cheers guys sorry didn't get back sooner, (late shifts this week I'm afraid) Stants the sticker on the inside of the door gives advice for 15" rims. I'm assuming this was was probably the original size rims that were on the car from the factory before these 17s were put on it?

Cheers JusNoGood I'm kinda thinking the wrong tyres have been put on at some point. Might have to get 4 new ones next payday.

I did notice a better hold and handling on the road on the way home from work after having the tracking done but still not convinced the problems been solved.

• 2 weeks later...

The back end of most unmodded Imprezas is quite skittish at slower speeds when turning in tight and apparently the car just as a natural knack of wanting to step out left. Mine certainly handled crud before I spent a fortune on handling goodies. 

Even now though the back slightly tries to slide left coming on boost.

I had a bog standard GX for 6 years and it stuck to the road in snow, rain etc....,.just saying :)

I personally wouldn't update a thing as its not exactly a rapid car. I'd save the money and get a turbo later if I were you.

Each to their own and all that. It's your money Afterall [emoji3]

Might be a stupid question but...do all impreza's come with anti roll bars fitted as standard?? I've seen a rear anti roll bar on eBay for a good price and I'm considering buying it. Not sure what else I'll need to buy for it to be able to fit it ie bushes, bolts or (anything else).