Tried a Clay Cloth yesterday

salsa-king

my CC arrived last week, so yesterday I had a bit of time to try it out.

didn't do too well with it till I took it out the packet (.gif lol

FB_IMG_1414074618894_zpsg9avygc3.jpg

Anyway, snow foamed the car, rinsed, micro fibre mit washed the car with car shampoo, rinsed. 

then pre soaked the clay cloth in warm water with a bit of car shampoo... folded into a quarter then started to use it. I first tried it with some detail spray but found it not slippy enough.. maybe due to the lack of previous prep on the car. So reverted back to my trusty water and shampoo spray mix.. worked a treat smile.png

FB_IMG_1414075944463_zps1iwn5ptn.jpg

once done.. rinse the car again, dried off with micro fibre towel... great results.

FB_IMG_1414077155861_zpsp5dj3o2x.jpg

for speed I then went over the car with the waterless wash spray, as it can be used as a quick detailer smile.png

FB_IMG_1414081759801_zpsqjo2zjkt.jpg

Jobs a gud un.

VERDICT ON CLAYCLOTH:

so much easier than the clay bar, non of this cutting a piece up, warming in hand and making into a round pad. then needs rotating as it starts to break up on you.

CC cloth is easier to work with in general..you feel the results quickly.

The AYGO only took about 20mins to go over and you could feel the benefit once rinsed off.

I only clay about once a year on my cars, I think when I do this car again, it will be even better from already having been cc'd smile.png next job will be DA polishing to remove some of those pesky swirls.

Tnx

• Like 1

Me too, clay bars I've used for ages, tried and tested, all the top retailers use them, they wouldn't use the cloths so I'll stick with them.

That said, seems to have done a nice job, would be interesting to do half a bonnet with a bar and half with a cloth see if there is a difference. Any details and cost of the clay cloth should anyone want one?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've spoken to Lee from CCC and I am prepared to offer a discount of 10% to Forum Members on everything in my shop. DISCOUNT CODE - CLAYCLOTH10

He said

'please ask them to provide their username in the 'Where did you here about us' box at checkout to confirm they are members'.

ALSO..... Last few days of October offer - 2 clay Cloths and get a 100ml A Grade Polish for free.

• Like 1

I've spoken to Lee from CCC and I am prepared to offer a discount of 10% to Forum Members on everything in my shop. DISCOUNT CODE - CLAYCLOTH10

He said

'please ask them to provide their username in the 'Where did you here about us' box at checkout to confirm they are members'.

ALSO..... Last few days of October offer - 2 Clay Cloths and get a 100ml A Grade Polish for free.

Is that on here mate for this forum. ?

• Like 1

No Problem.

Lee's moving house at the mo, these next few days, but said he'll pop by on SOC to introduce himself and give the SOC memebers the discount. But asked if I'd didn't mind mentioning it while he's not able to do it.

It's a great bit of kit, he reckons his cloth has lasted about 100 cars so far. 

Got one ordered and it's out for delivery. I'd always say reviews is important I'm willing to test it, and if I can get 100 done on my car with it massive value for money I think :D 

But with the discount for a cloth I don't mind trying it. 

did you get the FREE offer with the 2 clay cloths, let us know what the stuff is like.

Not here yet, but should come with the free wax stuff, will try it and see. Hopefully will come tomorrow, was going to clay the cars this weekend so good timing. Will be trying out on s white and a black car so will get a good feel if ok. Probably try the new wax on the black car as it'll be easier to see if better than my current regime.

Will report back next week

did you get the FREE offer with the 2 clay cloths, let us know what the stuff is like.

Yes, got the 100ml of finishing glaze, looks a bit odd but hope (weather permitting) to clay and wax both cars, will try out the glaze on my wife's car as its dark, hard to see any difference on the white one. If i get it done I'll reply back this weekend