Royal Purple Oil

GavLadLeeds

Has anyone used Royal Purple oil in their scoob? It is really popular in America and seems to be the number one choice in the states. It is stocked at AAS, Newcastle at £56 for 5 quarts. F1 cars use this oil now instead of mobil and on the racing scene it is used very widely and gaining popularity. Most Subaru owners in America comment on how smooth the vehicle as when using Royal Purple. Any comments or advice will be appreciated!

Seen it but never used it.

There's a thread on nasioc about the pros and cons of royal purple vs others, I know that they tend to stay away from mobil fully synth as people reckon it causes spun bearings, I don't think they get as much choice as us over here. Mainly US brands and castrol.

Plenty of good stuff availbe here, gulf, fuchs, millers to name a few and slightly cheaper with Opie discount. But why not take a punt and aee how you get on

Ive always gone with standard cars with no mods 5w 30 and anything modded 10w 50. I've never had any problems doing it this way. But do know others use other types even down to semi synthetic. But I've only ever used full.

Alright cheers bud. I will see how it goes. After this service I am refurbing two alloys and......deep breath.....possibly saying goodbye to my scooby for a Porsche. We will see. I just want the car to be mint and clean first before selling so I can ask for top dollar.

A porsche? I'd stick with the scoob [emoji6] but know what you mean I like to make sure any car's I sell are in the best possible condition.

I was considering a 911 before I bought my scoob...just couldn't get over the fact everyone else would think Im a tw@t :) and I'm not normally one for bending to peer pressure.

Has to be a 4S or a Cayman if you go for one. Can't be a Coxster....even other Porsche owners hate them lol

• Like 1

Just watched that video. What a ***** the guy in the 944 was! I think it was a 944. This may surprise you but I was actually looking at gking for the Cayenne. Not to everyones taste however I used to work at Porsche Leeds and I fell in love the moment I got in one.

To be fair I think it was Adam posted the top 10 car thread I'm sure I posted the Cayenne up as one of mine to take the kids to school in :D you're a young man and can get so much more out a STI with mods ;) But the car enthusiast in me says do what you feel is right just get i jap tuned then you can still come to any S.O.C event ;) 

I'm in no rush so will only jump ship if the right car is available. I think I want to experience the comfort of the ze germans now and see how their engineering compares to the !Removed!. I wish I had bought an STi now to be fair! Snow could be fun in the scoob though. You taken yours out in the white stuff on normal tyres before? How was it?

I only use MOTUL 300V. I would not spare on oil.(this is my opinion only, so no offense )

There is a saying in the Race club that I am a member of:

If you fancy to have a unique monkey make sure you have enough banana to feed it :D

• Like 1

I was considering a 911 before I bought my scoob...just couldn't get over the fact everyone else would think Im a tw@t :) and I'm not normally one for bending to peer pressure.

Has to be a 4S or a Cayman if you go for one. Can't be a Coxster....even other Porsche owners hate them lol

You can`t be wrong with a turbocharged boxer engine ;) Stay away from Boxters get a 911 B)

I'm in no rush so will only jump ship if the right car is available. I think I want to experience the comfort of the ze germans now and see how their engineering compares to the !Removed!. I wish I had bought an STi now to be fair! Snow could be fun in the scoob though. You taken yours out in the white stuff on normal tyres before? How was it?

Oh yes best fun ever if you can get a (cough) private road ;) or car park !Removed! loads of fun :D