UK STI blobeye headlights -----> JDM Xenon headlights

Snoop-y

Hi all,

I am thinking about to get this conversion done as I am not really satisfied with the factory provided high quality candle lights :D

What do I need for this apart from the following?:

JDM Xenon headlamps.

I guess this exercise is not a plug and play one. Will the leveling work after this?

Are there any proper other solution? Normal HID no thanx except it is built in a headlights body.

I don't know either I have been looking at changing my to a hawkeye and have seen kit's you can buy that plug and play for the lights, so might be worth looking at that. Maybe same thing matts on about :) 

This can be considered as well. It is called retrofit and this could be a solution between the full headlights change and basic HID conversion kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHuDrd6tNUg

It needs a little work but I am not afraid to getting my hands dirty if the outcome will be perfect ;)

I don't know either I have been looking at changing my to a hawkeye and have seen kit's you can buy that plug and play for the lights, so might be worth looking at that. Maybe same thing matts on about :)

Yepp the old BUG ----> Hawkeye conversion. Good luck with that! If you can get a Xenon headlights go for them!

• 3 weeks later...

I've got JDM HIDs in my UK car, but the seller of the lights also sold the custom loom for it... I'm no sparky but if we're ever in the same area for a show/meet/trackday/whatever you're welcome to take a look and reverse engineer :P

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I hesitated a lot and I am going to do the retrofit Xenon conversion.

I ordered the kit and I also bought a heating gun as I am a bit afraid of putting the headlights in the owen.

I keep you posted and I`ll document the project with photos.

Wish me luck guys :D

• Like 2

• 3 months later...