Winter tyres

I've done some reading up on this since I got back in this afternoon. Think I'll be going with h speed rated tyres; lots more choice on the bay too.

Payday tomoz [emoji6]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

The Bay sometimes doesn't sell brand new (same year manufactured) tyres. They sell 1-2 year old tyres, which are cheaper. Yes they're all brand new, but the tyre does age over time even if it's not used. 

Your choice though -) You might get lucky and will get a good one! Try Toyo tyres, I wouldn't touch their Summer tyres (they're OK, but not the best), but for the winter these are the best for the UK climate as they're decent in dry conditions and superb in WET. Where is a lot of winter tyres have issues in dry conditions (by issues I mean they either wear out quickly or don't grip well). If I you lived in Norway I'd recommend to get Nokian tyres for example, but they barely see dry tarmac during the winter season.

A Subaru is unstoppable on winter tyres. I drive mine through deep snow past all sorts of stranded Mercs, BMWs and front wheel drive stuff spinning away their wheels and going nowhere. So for a feeling of smugness they are unbeatable. Add to that the safety implications of reduced stopping distances when below 8 degrees and there is a strong argument for them. The rally drivers would never do a stage on the wrong rubber so why would you drive your's on anything but the most appropriate tyres.

As someone mentioned above, there is no guarantee of snow, but we can be sure the temperature will go into single figures for at least 4 months. I bought a set and loved them, sadly my car is gone but winter tyres remain. They are Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3, 215/45 R17 91V, tread depth as new and hardly worn. Give me a sensible offer and they could be yours for this winter. Collect from Bournemouth area.

Alternatively someone sell me a really good WRX or STi pre '07 to put them on!

Yeah, I'm well pleased mate. They come out in the top 2 in winter tyre tests regularly. Looking forward to running some premium rubber, compared to the budgets the car came with, which although fine, aren't top end kit

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2016 at 0:13 PM, david1972 said:

Yeah, I'm well pleased mate. They come out in the top 2 in winter tyre tests regularly. Looking forward to running some premium rubber, compared to the budgets the car came with, which although fine, aren't top end kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt they're good tyres, for the price you pay they must be the best -) You could get possibly 2 tyres of Toyo and just a single Michelin for the same price.