Spare Wheel for XV

Fkend

I think they probably all do but the tyre centre often won't do it and it can be expensive at £130 a tyre for Geolanders. Either way if I had to do it and had to have the tyre replaced if keep it and clean it out myself to put on later or next time i have a puncture

Hello,

Looking for spare wheel for my XV to fit in the space below boot floor without loosing any boot space.

Found out that spare wheel from some versions of WV Golf Mk4 is quite close by dimensions 125/70-18, 5x100.

Any experiance/advice is it possible to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

My XV.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Must have been lucky here, was given a second hand full size wheel + new tyre by my dealer when purchasing my new XV in March. Not really practical so after some arm twisting the dealer gave me a new spacesaver wheel, it is slightly too deep for the silly well but with a bit of padding under the boot liner its hardly noticeable. I agree with other comments that for a 4x4 to have a gunk kit only is not acceptable. Come on Subaru, it's a great car and deserves a skinny spare as standard.

Would of been easy build in slim spare if have tried during development . No spare is no way to travel, in likes of usa canada & oz it would be ridiculous & a life risk .

When I bought my XV, I plumped for the factory skinny spare and boot conversion. When I got it, I was surprised that it was only a load of foam blocks, plus a centre bolt fitting. Still, the dealer paid for it, so not fussed either way. Why Subaru could not fit the spare as standard, I do not know. Some of the KIA range have had their spare wheels put back in, and the gunk thrown out, following poor feedback from owners.

it would of been easy, only reason why not is cost & fact it easy few kilo weight loss . Subaru use be more about engineering & doing stuff the right way, building in a spare is the right way & hopefully they will realise sooner than later !! due to their customer base it rather short sited to go with puncture repair can :-/

• 5 months later...