ANYONE A PRODRIVE EXPERT!?

Hi, does anyone have any detailed information on the performance package for my WRX 04? As I  only have the prodrive ECU

What is the boost pressure of the prodrive?

How can you actually tell that the ECU has been prodrive chipped?

I think you can get the flowing for the performance package (I think)

prodrive ECU?

prodrive Y pipe off the intercooler?

prodrive fuel pump?

prodrive exhaust system includes back box, and down pipe with cat?

prodrive air filter?

any information would be extremely grateful many thanks

Jason

He has a standard WRX and wants to put a Prodrive ECU in mate. I will say it again I'm 95% sure will be fine I will have a look for a very early post of someone who put on in and said it was fine I was surprised myself in the post that t worked fine mainly for the alarm and a mobiliser but said he had no worries or ECU lights. 

Yeah I am aware that I need all of them together, I just wanted to find out what was with the preformance package for the 04 wrx

As I sufferd water damage to my original ECU and the only 1 I could find for my car and to get me out of the ****, because I use mine as a daily drive was the prodrive ECU

• Like 1

Yeah I am aware that I need all of them together, I just wanted to find out what was with the preformance package for the 04 wrx

As I sufferd water damage to my original ECU and the only 1 I could find for my car and to get me out of the ****, because I use mine as a daily drive was the prodrive ECU

Ah I understand now [emoji16]

Have you looked over at SN? I'm sure one of the breakers does WRX's. If not how about JapanesePerformance in Crawley? They have everything. They are a little more expensive that other breakers but they have a vast amount of stock - largest distributor in Europe I believe

Another option would be to ask Duncan over at RaceDynamix if it's possible to remap the PPP ECU.

Id probably go the JapanesePerformance route as they are close to me [emoji3]

• Like 1

Although I'm not 100% I think that the only major difference in engine parameters between the ppp wrx and standard wrx is the sports cat ,which would allow the gasses to escape quicker .

Cams , injector size and turbo remain the same.

Maybe once it's fitted stay off (hard) boost until you've had a chance to run the car on a dyno (about £ 50 for a power run/map check) for piece of mind before "giving it the beans" while running a different map [emoji6]

• Like 3

Although I'm not 100% I think that the only major difference in engine parameters between the ppp wrx and standard wrx is the sports cat ,which would allow the gasses to escape quicker .

Maybe once it's fitted stay off (hard) boost until you've had a chance to run the car on a dyno (about £ 50 for a power run/map check) for piece of mind before "giving it the beans" while a different map [emoji6]

I said the same in a PM. and think it was just a cat on the up pipe which would be the same still as a standard. wasn't sure if it had a center cat or sports cat though :D 

Mine was a UK300 but I've changed it all now so don't even class it as a Prodrive anymore. But from when I changed it there wasn't anything that you don't get on a Standard WRX other than the exhaust Fuel pump injector was the same. I'd swap it as I said before and see how it goes, keeping of boost for a bit like savage said will help protect it if it does falter on anything but I still think it will be fine. 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe once it's fitted stay off (hard) boost until you've had a chance to run the car on a dyno (about £ 50 for a power run/map check) for piece of mind before "giving it the beans" while running a different map [emoji6]

Prodrive package has a high capacity fuel pump as well...