Subaru Impreza 1.5 R WHAT DOES THE R MEAN?

cornish6544

Can I ask a question about that scoop. As you have a 1.5 non turbo engine and therefore no intercooler beneath the scoop. That scoop will allow airflow into your engine bay, im not sure what impact that would have on the engine, but wouldn't it also allow rain in as well? If you had a intercooler there, any rain water would be collected and drained away as per. However, as you dont have an intercooler all the rain water is going to go all over the engine bay? Potentially over electrics? But also isnt there a risk of the engine not drying and rusting? Feel free to disagree though.

Not sure how much water actually gets into the engine bay through the scoop as there is an air dam in place to channel the air to the turbo and cooler. Could always fashion a drip tray to collect any wild drips.

I know mine mail let's out so much heat I doubt the water has chance to get that far in before evaporating