New blob eye wrx owner :)

ClarkyVRS

Thanks for the welcome. None yet really. May change the up pipe so the cat doesn't destroy the turbo and up grade the standard Stereo. It's loud enough and fast enough for me at the min. It's my first 4wd motor so I want to get used to the handling and power.

My uk tended to understeer I found that I had to feather the "sweet spot" and hit the power as I exited .to be honest I just assumed it was a 4wd trait .

Untill i read somewhere that they set them up that way from the factory , cos understeer is deemed to be easier to get out of.

I'm now running wide offset wheels, elbach springs with whiteline adjustable arb, droplinks and roll center correction kit .

It tends to 4w drift now but ideally I'd like a bit of oversteer so might look at getting some camber bolts and the prodrive geo set done .

• Like 2

Like sav says just about every car manufactured is set up with understeer, except maybeTVR there just wild, otherwise you'd see loads of old ladies entering hedges backwards at the nearest bend,

Easiest was is to thicken the rear bar to make it more neutral, I've noticed since fitting the solid droplinks it wants to push more when getting on the gas mid corner, 4wd cars tend to do it more as you have two sets of driven wheels trying to push and pull you out of the corner,

I'd suggest finding a nice private peice of paved land or track an experiment in lift off o/s and trail braking, learn how far you can push the car before something horrible happens,

Weight transfer had a big part in entering corners at any speed so if your still not happy maybe look at a brake ballance controller,although I'm not sure how legal they are ?

• Like 1

Cheers for the advice guys :) Trying find a car park or any land without cameras would be handy as I'd like to know what to expect when the car behaves in certain ways and how to correct it so i don't end up injuring myself or others.

I think I need a straight through centre pipe though lol.

Bit hard for me to explain how they handle now I'm used to it. But so easy to control compared to anything else I've owned alot more forgiving if you get it a little bit wrong but like anything take it past the limit and get it wrong it can soon end in tears. But I love it when it snows :)