hello from channel islands

ugly1

well another day off from work and a little bit more work done on my car, just the doors to do now

but got side tracked by a mate wanting his dented wing sorting out, had to remove his wing as dent was really bad.

but i got a nice set of STI mudflaps off him  B)

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0003.jpg

CIMG0004.jpg 

973395_10151634452344798_422861643_n.jpg

1057080_10151671549349798_210089695_n.jp

1063254_10151671550674798_1317665412_n.j

It's safe to say it will look loads better once its all done and by what I've seen so far not take to long :) and you say you struggle for time :)

Friend or not I would have to say I need to finish mine, but good call on his part with the mud flaps. I do like my flaps :lol:

God you lot have dirty minds pfft :P

i only have 1 day off work every week  and i pray for nice weather

i am on holiday in a few weeks for a whole week, so hope to get loads done then

that shade of red is quite rare and i like it a lot, but saying that i like a white scoob even more, with regards the maf, yes the part you ordered off Amazon is the part you need to fit a cone filter, the later maf's have a removeable sensor that can be fitted into a piece of silicone tubing somewhere in the intake

do you have a brand of cone filter in mind, the apexi filter is the best for the turbo models, and for most cars in general

http://www.driftworks.com/apexi-induction-kit.html

DO NOT get one that needs to be oiled as the oil can make the maf wire die prematurely, stick with a dry filter

This is the 1 i have for the car   

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg

also oil breather filter to go with it 

but at the moment while i wasit for the adapter my mrs pinched it and has it on her ford puma  lol

these are our other cars 

mine is the astra coupe  with full irmsher kit on it also wheels

just fitted a sportex race exhaust to it also.

and hers is the puma 

CIMG0003.jpg

CIMG0004.jpg

CIMG0006.jpg

CIMG0009.jpg

CIMG0001.jpg

• Like 2

From a bias view The Subaru is still the better car ;) But do like the other cars. And I drove a Puma for a short time and to be fair it was pretty fun to throw about :)

Never drove that sort of Astra did have a 58 plate 1.6 for a little bit too. was ok but couldn't say it would live long in the memory :)

That looks like a foam filter so shouldn't have oil on it, the breather filters are good but be aware the fumes get sacked into the car when idling and the interior fan is on

ok my adapter arrived this morning   couldn't wait to fit it 

went to her removed the cone filter and put her airbox back on,  she wasn't happy  lol

removed from pack and guess what it wouldn't fit   it was bigger than what i needed and bolt holes were not in line 

so i removed Air sensor and took inside house and drilled new holes in adapter and now it fits  lol

no difference in sound   only now it sounds like a turbine on startup and when i turn ignition off  sounds like turbine slowing down  not had time to take it for a spin yet as i got work soon till late grrrrr

can i ask maybe a stupid question to some of you but  my mates 1996 scooby like mine does not have the black plastic box connected to carb like mine. his has a black pipe that goes straight to air sensor then to airbox and his sounds better.

mine has the black plastic box  connected to carb and then a pipe to air sensor  then another pipe to airbox   why  how which   ?  lol 

images.jpg

sorry that aint a pic of mine as camera on charge  but i guess you all know what i mean 

Firstly you don't have a carb is the plenum chamber/throttle body or inlet

Secondly, do you mean the resonator box at the bottom of the pic? You can bin that, I don't have one and it's fine without it, try it first before you throw it incase you don't like it, I would take the first box off completely next to the wing, take the filter out of the box under the window as the cone filter will replace that

Thirdly, you can if you want just have, filter, bendy pipe, inlet. Basically bin the boxes and just have the pipe with the filter attached straight into the inlet, you will need the maf in there somewhere, place the filter as far from the engine as poss as heat soak will !Removed! the power, if you can find some tumble drier outlet tubing then fit that somewhere under the bumper to get cold air up to the filter

sorry  i forgot the name  i did know i did not have a carb   throttle body  thats the 1  lol

told you im new to this

anyway my pics of my car   the black box connected to throttle body i am on about and the pipe going to the air sensor

i do know i deffo need the air sensor inline some were as car wont run proper without  

yeah   but mine as you can see i have my cone fitted and removed airbox near wheel arch    but i wanna know what is the box connected to my throttle body  going to the air sensor please

Yeh, I wasn't having a go was just informing, Yeh you can get rid of the main airbox but I would suggest using a custom bit of piping, get some ally hard pipe a silicone 90 degree bend and a straight bit of silicone pipe, then fit bend to throttle body then connect hard pipe then straight silicone then maf then filter, as long as the filters still in or near the front corner it should be sweet

i know you wasnt having a go  i was just being a bit thick

got to go work in a min  

see if i have this right 

so i can remove all and get a pipe to go to my air sensor  then to my cone  and get rid of that box connected to my throttle body 

The box with subaru embossed is the main airbox that holds the filter, the cone filter replaces this so it can either be emptied of the panel filter or binned all together

right, the circle on the left you need to keep, the line in between can be thrown as can the box at the back, then the straight pipe need to be connected to the small circle (throttle body), you may need a 120 degree bend for the throttle body to connect to the straight pipe

CIMG0002_zpsaa2de27f.jpg

• Like 1