hello from channel islands

ugly1

yeh, people say the resonator box (thats the one in the wing area) is needed for the car t run right, mines not got one and most people that fit the aftermarket cone filters don't have one and mine and theirs all seem to run fine, all i can suggest is take it off and try it for yourself

Thats it as long as you dont sell on or throw away straight away you can always revert - also as you do add more mods some will work well with standard items and wont work as well with other mods so the more you get away from a standard setup you increase the chance of that happening

ok guys as im working yet again today late shift again 

i been outside working on my car since 7.30am  just come back in 

i removed the airfilter box from near the arch  took away that resonator box and had a pipe going to my air sensor and my cone attached to my air sensor  

guess what  no difference in sound really   just more of a hollow grrrrrr  with a bit of  whine   

so i removed all again and reverted back to standard setup and sounds better  than the whine and hollow sound   

maybe perhaps its the wrong type of cone i have   i dont know  

but cheers for help guys

• Like 1

some one told me today to remove the cat and ram a broom handle into it and then tap with a rubber hammer around the cat and all the inards will come out  and then it will be hollow. 

replace cat and car will sound better 

now this sounds funny but has anyone ever done it ?

I know people that have removed the internals by cutting the top of the cat open and then welding back up, this makes it look the biz for mot and stops the restriction in flow but still plays havoc with the lambda and still fails the emissions, you should also be aware that the internals of a cat contains platinum so if you do it keep the internals and go to a scrap yard

As for sound, it affects it the way a decat would really, as with a decat you get the odd pop and bang from the exhaust

Ahhh right, I didn't know you weren't in the UK, it won't ruin it as such but I'd advise to either get it remapped to have the lambda/oxygen sensor deleted or get a lambda spacer off eBay and fit that, that way it will read like the cat is still there and not overfuel

• Like 1

well its been a nice sunny Sunday, so out i went to have a few goes at my car

fitted the mud flaps on the front only and finished off the primer on rest of car.

just a quick rub down just before i start spraying the top coat now.

i'm off in 1 weeks time for a whole week, so i hope weather ok so i can do it.

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0003.jpg

• Like 1

well the car had another bit of work done to it today

done the last bit of primer, also done mirrors and handles

and fitted back mudflaps 

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0004.jpg

CIMG0003.jpg

CIMG0001.jpg

• Like 1

i have noticed you have wheel weights in the edge of the rim, alloys are suppose to have stick on weight inside the rim, the clip on ones like you have will corrode the finish on the rim and make it go all funky, if you can i would take it to be balanced again and ask for the stick on weights

cheers for comments  

yeah door handles look better in same colour also mirrors 

when car has been sprayed white i will be re-doing the wheels and weights will be going on inside (stick on)  cheers anyway for comment