Elder Scrolls Online is Going Free-to-Play, Console Release Date Announced

Gambit

eso-feature__default-news-image.jpg

Today, Bethesda has announced that its entry into the MMORPG world, The Elder Scrolls Online, will drop its subscription fee on March 17th, 2015 and arrive on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on June 9th, 2015. The game will then be known as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and will include all past updates, including the upcoming Justice and Champion systems.
The PC and Mac versions of The Elder Scrolls Online launched on April 4, 2014 and have since charged a monthly subscription fee of $14.99/€12.99/£8.99. Now, with the announcement of Tamriel Unlimited, players will no longer have to pay a monthly fee to play, as all current accounts will be automatically converted to the Tamriel Unlimited edition free of charge. New players will only have to buy the game to play.
The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, releasing on June 9th, will be free-to-play as well and will include the same content and updates as the PC and Mac versions.
In addition, Bethesda will make available a new optional premium membership: ESO Plus. This will give players "monthly in-game benefits" as well as "a monthly allotment of crowns" to spend in the ESO store. No word yet on how much the monthly charge for ESO Plus will be.
  • Like 1

I hate that we pay for dlc stuff too. I remember when it use to be free. Its one thing I do sort of blame on the console. companies started to charge and people rushed and paid for it. So now they all do it. But EA win it for biggest pay to win over anyone else.

Most isn't even needed as dlc. If they just held the game back for 6 months we can have the full game with all the maps or all the cars. But we're all sheep buying the add ons. The more we do the more it happens. That's why I stopped pre ordering stuff. The extra things they give away now are ridiculous. A different skin for a ghost in Destiny yeah sure pay an extra £10. Same goes for collectors/limited editions. Getting physical items made it worthwhile. Now it's just a piece of dlc that they release a few months later at a cheaper price so now my limited edition is no better than standard.

I've seen some pretty weird mods on YouTube. Seems to me all pc gamers want to do when they play elder scrolls games is either be naked, have huge !Removed!, have s*x a lot with various different races and creatures and do odd things to animals, I'll stick with the console for now [emoji38]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've seen some pretty weird mods on YouTube. Seems to me all pc gamers want to do when they play elder scrolls games is either be naked, have huge !Removed!, have s*x a lot with various different races and creatures and do odd things to animals, I'll stick with the console for now [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's coz they all live in moms basement.

Pretty sure this is the guy Wolwitz cheated on Bernadette with.

warcraft-nerd-south-park.jpg

Best ever mod for a game was Counter Strike!!! I remember downloading loads of diff skins for guns and even had a fizzy drink can launcher that replaced the grenades :lol: