What make is my exhaust?

Right now I can't hear the exhaust over road noise. Budget isn't an issue but obviously I want value for money and if just going for the centre will give me the noise I want I'll go for it.

I really want a nice bit of pop bang burble on the rev down in the gear.

How loud would this set up be? I see its a decat but it'll be optional.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221668652052&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

That centre resonated section looks big ! Have you a pair of cats at the mo ?

Decat would give you loads more noise and you'll hear the turbo spooling but you'd need a remap to avoid overboost. If it's only a ton I'd be inclined to buy it and any bits you don't want seel them on

The exhaust I have is standard apart from that back box. I'll be doing a map after I have all the mods ready. So I may well put the decat on the day of map and stay off boost till after its mapped. The centre box I think is too big and it'll stop a lot of the noise. I dont like that. All I'm worried about is if I buy a centre section and it's too long/short.

If your going decat I'd maybe get a standard length resonated centre section 2.5"

And a standard length 3" downpipe that reduces to 2.5" .

If it's still not sounding right you could always buy another back box at a later date .

Not all but most longer downpipe shorter cat back systems I've come across have been cheaper systems with flexi's in the downpipe, which is normally used to get over fitment issues

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161568150676&alt=web

Will this do the job? I've just asked the fella what size pipe it is but does the shape look right?

Edited the link. Should work now.

Ok it only seems to work if you open it with the app for eBay. I'll post item number.

Are you going decat eventually ? If so LOUD all the time lol if you can hang on a bit I'll post up a clip of mine later which is track day friendly 2 resonators in middle with sports cat. Nice on tick over but loud enough to be heard when your coming, according to tom the other day haha

I went sports cat just because if anything happens to my tester I couldn't be arsed swapping over come m.o.t time plus I couldn't afford exhaust and map at same time. And having a newborn I didn't want silly loud, people get disappointed when they here the car, turn round and realise it's not an impreza haha ! You never know sav may pull out some more shiny bits from his man cave.

From what i've read back pressure is only really critical for n/a cars turbos need to expell the gasses as quickly possible, I'd buy the full system and if you don't need or like then sell on. Anyway I'm not the most qualified of people to be offering advice. Off to warm car up I'll post a vid up later

Dunno how to post vids but I'm sure mine is to loud for most people's preference anyways .

A Decat downpipe would give quicker spool and increased volume but it will fail a mot .

Sports cats imo are a happy medium as the easier breathing cat and pipework will increase spool and pass a mot .

And yes stants I have got a classic sports cat in the man cave but I intended on keeping it just increase my brv inlaw stops doing mot's at his garage [emoji6]