looking for advice please

i need some advice from Scooby owners hope you can point me in right direction lol .....right here goes i have a version 3 wrx now when i bought it it had been fitted with a decatted exhaust system toyosport pretty much standard as im aware 440 injectors vf22 turbo orange maf  now i fitted a forge bov and fitted a k&n panel filter and i had a fault which was bad o2 sensor so i did the reset of ecu now my car boost is all over up to 1.5 bar it was running 1.2 bar it has a prova ecu fitted when i peeled prova sticker back it was original 6s ecu from what i read these wer mapped with a cat back exhaust fitted and stock filter by prova so what im saying is when previous owner fitted exhaust system to it he never reset the  ecu i think anyhow what i want to know is can this ecu be remapped or do i have to buy an upgrade ecu to get a remap done as want my car to run safe and piece of mind i have been looking at eclipse or revoloution as i live in north east any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as don't want to go down wrong route and waste money or worse get ripped off sorry for long post lol

Hi mate we have many discussion on this :) with that type they don't have ODM ports and the ECU can't be remapped. So mean's you would have to buy one that is ok for the car as a replacement that can be remapped. And no post is too long Unless you say Audi drivers know how to drive. And that's to long right there  :D

Thank you gambit which ecu do you think I should go for my version of car looked at simtek apexi etc but not sure which one would be most cost effective if you know what I mean in case I do other mods etc at a later date ???

I think Simtek is the one used for your car which I believe would give you 2 flashes to have installed. But I'm not 100% sure with the ECU on classic shapes. I would take it to your local remap place to get there advise which would completely outweigh mine :unsure: I wouldn't want to tell you something and it be wrong :(

Hope that help's

Not sure if anyone else knows on here :)

Cheers mate I've looked at a simtec one the lads asking £380 for it not sure if that's a reasonable price for one that's used can buy an apexi power FC for £400 secondhand

when I had my classic and was going down this route, the apexi ecu was the one I was going to go for as It seemed to be the one with the most options that could be changed and remapped with the more mods you put on the car.

• Like 1

thanks odessey ive been doing some research the two that stand out are the apexi or simtec I even looked at esl boards but for the price better off with either of the two forementioned even seconhand I might get lucky and get one relatively cheaper just got to keep looking I suppose for now and see what turns up for my car im a bit wary of running my car without proper setup as being my daily driver for now just have to keep off boost :(

I would go 2nd hand, there always seems to be some for sale just finding the right one with classics :( And I know it's hard but you should be fine just keep off the boost until its done. :D

Give you 3 weeks I bet you buy one new haha :D

• 3 months later...

Depending what you want for the future Standalone management could be the way to go, Its costly at first and good amount of research needs doing into what you want the management to achieve (Engine, Set up, Mafless, sensor arrangments, wideband sensors etc etc)

Buying new gives you complete peace of mind and is good to know that from the word go you have a blank ECU essentially and can keep all information to changes in your paper box for the future or if you decide to sell up etc.

Got a good few options for tuners as well so best to look up their sites as well depending on who you want to tune your car you can get the ECU which they prefer/get the best results from, and SAFELY!!! too many folk say they can get 400BHP from certain tunes but thats all well and good so long as your AF isnt running 10.5 lol :) we can all make 400BHP for about 5 seconds lol

• Like 2

i have a decat, well a full no bpx system till you get to the backbox, and a cone filter, i have a manual boost controller, a HKS FCD and all on the standard uk 2000 ecu, i too am a version 3 owner, my car over fuels a touch but boosts fine and runs well, there is a spacer you can get for the lambda so it's not gone from a few fumes to all the fumes thus the ecu reading wrong, all you do is take the sensor out, screw the spacer in, screw the sensor into that and job done

heres what i'm on about clicky

I went for the esl option on my v3 uk turbo and now running duel mafless maps .I chose the esl due to it working out cheaper once supplied fitted and mapped (£550 in total ) but also because it retains the factory's knock system and allowed me to remove the (prone to fail ) maff .

Id suggest droping simon @ jolly green monster a email and discuss your options as he's a moblie mapper and will come to you once you've made a decision .

• Like 2