Programmable remote/blank blade key replacement for JDM Foresters

sub_man

This is replacement for remote entry key for JDM Foresters 97-02.

Can be programmed to the old key or if you lost your key, can be programmed to your car.

Blank blade can be cut to match your old key.

80$.

By the way, I am from Canada and I know this key wont work with USDM cars.

Actually US and Canadian Foresters dont have fob integrated with the key (and work on dif frequency).

My question to you guys, do your Foresters have the same keys like Japanese (left on the pic) cars or North American?

As far as I know, Euro models are more similar to JDM than USDM.

Greetings.

post-3776-0-89402000-1422811219_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

My UK Forester (2000 Wreg SF) does not have same key/remote as the remote is seperate to the key (genuine & original) but same in terms of 2 buttons, Not sure if reprogramable fobs work on UK/Euro as we had/have stricter rules than Japan on vehicle security & thus the chips in the remotes tend to be different & expect rolling code & possibly frequency not same too, permitted bands are different in Europe to US & to JDM.

You can buy reprogramable & grabbing remote fobs here for around $30USD but I have never tried one to be sure, may look at my remote & see what chip is in it but basically we more like your key & seperate fob setup & probably closer to you on frequency & coding chips too .

• Like 2

My UK Forester (2000 Wreg SF) does not have same key/remote as the remote is seperate to the key (genuine & original) but same in terms of 2 buttons, Not sure if reprogramable fobs work on UK/Euro as we had/have stricter rules than Japan on vehicle security & thus the chips in the remotes tend to be different & expect rolling code & possibly frequency not same too, permitted bands are different in Europe to US & to JDM.

You can buy reprogramable & grabbing remote fobs here for around $30USD but I have never tried one to be sure, may look at my remote & see what chip is in it but basically we more like your key & seperate fob setup & probably closer to you on frequency & coding chips too .

I see, so I guess it would work with JDM imports, obviously, but not Euro models...

Thanks for the info.

• 4 months later...