Manual boost controller fitting

Looking at fitting a manual boost controller on my 94 wrx as a temporary measure to stop my overboost until I free up the funds to get the issue sorted properly. Hoping you guys can tell me best way of fitment. I understand this is not the answer to my issue of overboost but cannot afford to have it looked at the moment so just want to manage boost until I can resolve the overboost

Yes faulty bov valves are very common.I had a bad fault on my forester bov valve I did away with it and all was fine after.How ever I would have though the bov valve would have stuggled to make boost if it was knackered not over boosting

Yeah your probably right with the bov, I'm struggling to justify spending money on parts I might not necessarily need hence fitting a boost controller to lower it a bit to stop fuel cut tell I can send it in to be looked at, I'm constantly watching the boost guage whilst feathering the throttle it's killing me not being able to drive it normally

It's just a pain trying to constantly monitor boost and feather the throttle, I can feel that it's quick but it's so annoying not being able to put your foot down! Il look at sorting the restrictor pill this week and hopefully sort the issue but out of curiosity where do the boost controllers fit, always wondered. Do they just sit between turbo and actuator and ditch the boost solenoid and vent pipe to induction

Right i had a little fiddle over the weekend at tried a 2mm restrictor and still have boost spike, on dual carriageway it was holding about 0.9bar but is still spiking when giving it the beans (hits about 1.1ish bar). So I dropped it to 1mm restrictor and it still spikes but doesn't hit fuel cut but it's only running about 0.7bar. So my next question is I could fit a 1.5mm restrictor but it's the actual immediate spike I get which causes the fuel cut when giving full throttle? Surely there must be a way of keeping a steady 0.9bar without it dropping off and also spiking above?