Yorkie on board

Blither

Compared to most Impreza owners I'd have to say I don't know a great deal about cars, but I'm interested and willing to learn. 

I joined this forum for advice as much as anything else, as finding specific information can be tough, despite the powers of Google.

Thanks guys  :)

Can't believe I forgot to mention my other Subaru.  Good ole 1998 Justy 1.3 GX.  Just don't call her Swift!   ;)

Subaru's seem to run in the family a little bit, ever since my dad bought his first Legacy that he got converted to LPG, they have stuck.  He then went for an Impreza turbo from the mid nineties, and eventually on to what he has now, a 2009 WRX-S wagon.  His late father had a Forester, which has been passed on to his mother, and I've ended up with her trusty Justy.  

• Like 1

Hi n welcome to soc

Is that a white saloon hmmm always fancied a white one myself

Yes, it is. My mate recently called it 20 shades of white, hehe. It came with a second boot and spoiler that you see in the picture. I also have the original boot and spoiler in the correct white. Then it has had a dodgy correction and incorrect white spray on the rear arches. It is currently having a paint overhaul and proper rust removal job. Then the skirts are a different shade too, as is rear bumper I think. Either way, I am getting it sorted.

Kinda tempted to put the original spoiler on for a bit at some point, but I've barely driven it yet, and I really love the higher one.

I loved the look of the higher spoiler on my classic but it was a cheap heavy copy with dodgy paint so I've sold it and put the standard one back on for now until something decent catches my eye .

My v1 sti has a bit of paint fade and it's fair share of carpark dings but hey it's 21 yrs old in may so it ain't gonna be mint .

• Like 1

I loved the look of the higher spoiler on my classic but it was a cheap heavy copy with dodgy paint so I've sold it and put the standard one back on for now until something decent catches my eye .

My v1 sti has a bit of paint fade and it's fair share of carpark dings but hey it's 21 yrs old in may so it ain't gonna be mint .

Hmm, maybe I'll have to check my higher spoiler to see if it's genuine.  I wonder how I'd tell.  

I am not 100% sure if mine is a V1 or V2 although it was sold as a V2.  Actually, I've just had a look at catherineandken.co.uk and I can now see that it is the V2 STI but unlike the standard V2 STI mine actually has the special edition 555 engine in it, although it doesn't have the option kit of the 555.  Also, the power rating is the same so I'm not sure what the difference really is.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/oXgAAOSwv0tU4QPj/$_57.JPG

http://catherineandken.co.uk/sti/wrx.html

I can accept that mine will have the odd ding, but I'd really like to get all the rust off and the paintwork as sweet as I can (on a budget) for a 19yr old car!

Not to sure how to tell if it's a genuine spoiler other than my current one has subaru stamped near the fixing studs.

The bigger v5 onwards sti spoiler I had was cheaply made n sprayed and weighed a ton lol

model codes are the best way to identify the cars version and spec , although sometimes your better off checking the code against a few lists that are online as not everything on the web is fact .

Mine being a early v1sti started life as a wrx which was then sent to subaru techinica international stripped down, blue printed , re asembled , given a build number and then sold as a wrx sti .

post-1399-142583273832_thumb.jpg

I do know the later v1 wrx sti's were given the same treatment but they made 200 per month .

As the build numbers are ***/200 .

I thought the v2 wrx sti's were also hand built and had a build number plaque as well .

I was told from v3 onwards that they left the subaru factory production line as sti's in mass without a plaque but that's not a fact (just what I was told) .

is the turbo top entry or front entry (intake passes under the inlet)

Not sure where the turbo entry is, and car is being worked on so cannot check, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had been changed as it has had a little bit of work done. As far as Wikipedia has told me, I think the v2's were straight off the production line but I might be remembering that wrong.

Had a bit of a read up on the v1's and I think your right it was only the v1 sti's that had a build number and v2 onwards came straight from the factory .

I asked about the turbo entry type cos early 96 is v2 (top entry) and late 96 is v3 (front entry) but if it's a v2 sti model code it will have a phase 1 inlet and fuel rail set up with a top entry tdo5 as standard

• Like 1

Had a bit of a read up on the v1's and I think your right it was only the v1 sti's that had a build number and v2 onwards came straight from the factory .

I asked about the turbo entry type cos early 96 is v2 (top entry) and late 96 is v3 (front entry) but if it's a v2 sti model code it will have a phase 1 inlet and fuel rail set up with a top entry tdo5 as standard

Thanks for your help.

I believe it's early 96 as that's what the import paperwork says:  Car first registered 1996/3

I don't know where the turbo entry is, I'll add a picture.

Can you tell anything from that?  

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/1263-imag0319/

Apparently it does have a TD05.

Just found out I need rear discs and pads but struggling to find any that I can be sure will fit!