Short throw lever

I've been contemplating a short throw gear lever... I imagine a lot of you have them, I've just got this idea/worry that they're not that comfortable for everyday use, or am I just going nutty? 

Do they have any affect on bushes and things further down the linkage too?

Any opinions will be greatly received

Cheers, Sam 

I'm fairly happy with the height of the stick itself, it was more to make just the distance between gears shorter. Similar to the one they did on mighty car mods?

I'm starting to think I'm just overthinking it!

I had one on my old car and was fine for everyday use. Just dont go crazy with it. I also find the throw in the wrx is a lot shorted than cars in the past felt funny at first but I am used to it now.

I would say just go for it as you will get used to it and then it wont feel short any more.

I've got one in my scoob, feels good to me but I haven't driven a scoob without one so don't know the difference. I can however tell the difference going from my seat leon to the scoob lol. Very nice feeling :).

I think I'll go for it. I've got a few other niggles to take care of, so will probably be a few weeks before I get it. I'll let you all know how I get on with it.

Cheers guys!

There was definitely a difference between the standard 6 speed in my brvs set up to the 6 speed with ppp short shift in my classic

I haven't had any experience with a aftermarket short shift but I've heard a few people rate the "kartboy" short shift

unsure if they come with new linkage bushes ,so it might be worth checking and if not getting some from the likes of alyn @as performance (to tighten things up as well)

I had a B&M short shift on my classic, that was just a rejigged gear stick with the points of attachment adjust to create a shorter throw.

It wasn't the best option but it did make a difference. After a while it became sloppy and kept jumping out the gear lever receiver.

mFBV5Y9UdEB9E3WYrVlaI8Q.jpg

On my 08 Hatch I went for the more comprehensive Kartboy shifter which included replacement bushes and give a much more positive action. Down side is that the urethane bushes have increased the amount of noise the gearbox transmits to the body. But then it sounds more like a straight cut rally box lol.

mgPTEMGQ8AAlBy8ycQg6odg.jpg

I got my Kartboy from AS Performance http://asperformance.com. Give them a call as they are very good and always willing to give top notch advice.

Here is a link to a thread I posted with a video of the short shift installed.

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/5625-kartboy-shortshift/?hl=%2Bkartboy+%2Bshort+%2Bshift

Thanks again... I need to find the right one for my legacy. I believe it's the same one as the impreza of the same year, 96/7 so that would be a classic? (I'm not that hot on impreza models yet.) Anyone have and idea if that's right?