Knocking Suspension!!

iarebradley

Hi everyone, ive had knocking sounds coming from all corners of the car from the suspension. After taking it to the garage they said that the shock absorbers have gone on 3 of the 4 corners. However, the performance of the car has not changed at all and it still handles perfectly! Im not too convinced the shock absorbers have gone and We've also been told that the shocks would cost £1500 to replace as they're are after market. If anyone had any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I Second that.

I originally thought it was the bushes and still do, however the garage didn't seem to mention anything about the bushes and i'm sure that would be the first thing they would check. [emoji17] i think i will need to have a word........ i really appreciate the help!

Its a common fault, the plastic guides in the shocks perish, shrink and then they rattle and nock.

You could try uprated kyb's, AGX's to be exact or coilovers. My dads got tein super street coilovers on and they are very good for the road, not too hard and not too soft.

summit like this,

http://shop.scoobyclinic.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_163&product_id=553

assuming correct fitment of course

• Like 1

I would say it sounds like the bushes to be honest.

No really known shockers knock ?

Check the condition of the shockers visualy and do the bounce test? Push down on the corner very firmly and release quickly they should go down up then settle if there is mor travel than that the shockers are knackered. Also get someone to follow you and see if they bounce on the road? They shouldnt but again if they do they are knacked if all thats ok i would say its the bushes.

• Like 1

To be fair all the Subaru impreza do it at some point the blobeye does it which is a WRX it's the way the suspension angles. Bloke on youtube did a grease nipple on his so he can grease it up easy. Hmmmm greasy nipples 

• Like 1

Im taking it to a subaru garage this week as im having some problems with the engine (fuel related) and seem to have lost some power from when i first bought the car. Ill get them to give it a check over! Thanks for all the help its much appreciated! [emoji4]

• Like 1