Fuggzy's Special Room And Special Friends

Fuggzy

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but what about a Facebook group?? I'm currently an admin of a rapidly expanding Facebook group called focus daily. As I had a kick **** focus ST at the time it started, and although I no longer have the car I'm still an admin. Although ill be resigning, the group is still growing. It would be a good way to gain members to this club/forum. We could show off our motors and do lots of things, and as I'm sure you know most people have Facebook etc, even my mum who can't operate her 10 year old phone is quite handy on the old facebook lol so just an idea for you.

Here's a pic of my old focus (it's got the wheels on that I'm currently selling, on eBay. Tell your friends lol)

post-1072-0-68537600-1373298465_thumb.jp

Typical, the !Removed! wheels didn't sell!! But I did a bit of photo editing on the spec D. And 'fitted' the 19's to it. And I kinda like it. I know it's not the racey/rally look. But it's different, and I like different lol

What do you lot think??post-1072-0-81826600-1373405048_thumb.jp

I like slammed cars but on an impreza that would ruin the awesome handling characteristics, as for the calibre vintage wheels (at a guess) I've always liked the look of a set of bbs splits on an impreza as it's not something you see that often, I say if you like it then go for it

I'm afraid I got a little carried away with the slammage lol and I made the wheels a bit bigger than what they are lol but you get the kinda idea. But this wheels are a different pcd (as described in another thread) but may fit.

I've actually already bought some other wheels that I intend to refurb. They are pretty rough, and I'm not entirely sure they will fit over the brembos cos from what I've heard that causes problems. But here's a pic of a mint set. Apparently they're rare. They're 17"x8"&9" et40, so the same diameter as the silver sti wheels on there but with a bit more girth.

Here's a pic of them, well some mint ones, mine are the same wheels. Just scabby lol

post-1072-0-71616800-1373409450_thumb.jp

• Like 1

i do like them, only seen one other set of them about 3 years ago on a VW, and that scene prides itself on rare and unusual rims

you can find rare rims here

as for sizes, you do know you can't run staggered rims on a 4 wheels drive?

With a bit of jiggery pokers the rolling radius would be the same. And the width difference would be nominal and they're the same offset. But in all fairness now I've received the wheels they're a lot worse condition than described in the listing. I thought they were just corroded, there was no mention of them being curbed to !Removed!. But from what I can tell they are quite rare. So I think I just get them refurbed and sell them on. I can split the centres off and do them myself, but the barrels are pretty curbed. But I will test one on there. If they clear the calipers I may just get a set of 8.5" barrels and make them all that width. Or get the 2 9" barrels refurbed and then get another set of 9" or maybe 8.5" barrels. But I'm gonna do some looking and as long as the rolling radius is the same, and I can make the widths as close as humanly possible they'll be fine. I know large differences in diameter or widths will be bad for the 4wd, but ill make it really close.

But as my 19's haven't sold I'm just gonna try them on, which wasn't my ideal plan. Cos I wanted the car low. And with the 19's on it will be high up, and one thing I don't want to do is !Removed! around with the camber at silly angles just to get them under the arches without rubbing every time I drive over a pebble

rwd ftmfw, i was going to say rolling radius but last time i said that to someone they wanted a full explanation and wanted to know how to solve it with getting different tyres, i spent the best part of 2 days hunting the net for a calculator to get him the sizes he needed only for him to say, "oh i sold em yesterday pal" so sorry for tarring you with the same brush but you never know how much other people know about these things until you mention it, glad i didn't have to go through all the jazz i did with the last person lol

now i've said that someone else will probaby pop up asking, as for what to do with them, you can buy a self alloy repair kit that has all the fillers and stuff to fix kerbing, as a cheap turnaround it may be worth trying that if your going to sell them on, also the VW scene are always wanting rare wheels and although most vag cars are 4x100, 5x100 and 5x112 there are so many owners running adapters so they can put porsche wheels (5x130) on a mk2 golf (4x100) so theres a massive market in that area for you, and the afore mention wheel whores is a great place to sell for silly money too

Lol yeah I know what your saying. I put a lot of thought into it before I even thought about bidding on them. I know that ill never get them exactly the same contact patch. But with some careful thought on the tyre front I can get them as near as damn it. With it only being a 1 inch difference it's not a impossible task, if had of been more than an inch I wouldn't of even entertained the idea.

The RWD thing was a bit of a joke tbh, although it would be fun to have a tail happy 2wd scoob I wouldn't do it with a nice motor like this. I'd do it with a cheaper car. And that's if I had the cash to waste ruining what's one of the best handling 4wd cars ever made. I would be better off getting something RWD and making that it into a drifty car. And not only that I think you would all disown me for doing it to the sti lol

That would explain why I started typing a reply on the school run, finished the reply when I got home and when I pressed post it was a different subject, tried looking for it but couldn't find it lol

This was my repky

I want an RA so I can use the handbrake for getting the !Removed! end out, I can do it with a bit of persuasion in the dry but much easier in the wet, with the aid of a handbrake I could do it on every corner and roundabout lol

I know you've all missed me, but I was on holiday with my little boy. Unfortunately he brought his mother along!! I can't work out if my body aches worse than my ears. On a positive note the little man loved it, and he loved going round the twisty rounds almost as much as I did. Anyways, I'm sure you were glad of the peace

• Like 3

as long as you and the boy had a good time that's the main thing :D

Did you go anywhere good ? 

And welcome back ;) I missed you like I miss my old gimp mask the leather got to worn :(

• Like 1

i didn't even notice you'd gone

only kidding, was starting to wonder, another year or so i might have started asking about you :P

glad you kinda had a good time, and the littlun too, was it uk or abroad you went?

To be honest, I'm like a dose of the clap. Your damn glad I'm gone, but you fondly remember how you caught it hehehehe

We went to the Isle of Wight, it was pretty good. Nice place, was only a weekend away. The little guy loved it, and by jingo that boy has taste too!! We were at a gift shop, literally hundreds of toy cars and he grabbed hold of this car. And refused to even look at any others.

Even the flashy coloured aventador's and ferrari's etc etc. he picked it, and played with it the whole time. Wouldn't let it out of his sight. It was a 1:18th British racing green MK2 jaguar !!!

The only downside (apart from going with his moaning **** mother!!) was the heat, it was intense. And at some points unbearable.

But he had a good time, and that's the main thing. And although the roads there were terrible it was some good driving

• Like 2