Road Noise

Linx

Hi guys,

One thing that really stands out to me when I drive my Blobeye WRX is the amount of road noise. Much more than my 02 Vauxhall Astra :lol: . Has anyone had any success in quieting it down? I've fitted some foam soundproofing to the boot and rear wheel arches but it hasn't made any difference. Or is it just my car :o ?

I would have thought biggest difference is tyres? 

another thing is if you get a sound deadening thing like dyno matt, its like a big sheet of putty with foil backing and it sticks on your metal work under door panels, under carpet, where ever you can fit it. basically stops everything vibrating and holds it still to get rid of a lot of road noise and other noise.

Hope this helps 

• Like 3

Subaru's in general noisy, sound deadening adds weight as Chris says tyres make a big difference too, I've just put on some good years with very low rolling resistance so quiet but you do loose a little in handling,

You could always try putting some in the doors, do you still have the under tray and under bonnet mat ?

dynamat I think it's called is supposed to be good,

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The tyres are Uniroyal Rains. I see they're are rated at 72db which is towards the top end of the noise scale. Unfortunately they are not very old. Put on just before I bought the car. I do still have the bonnet mat and undertray fitted.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Haha. That's one resolution. It gets louder the fastest I go but not related to cornering. I am fitting a Prodrive back box tomorrow but not really to fix the road noise.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk