Is rear camber fixed

Hello.

Just had all round set of tyres on wrx 01 and went for tracking after.

Everything is out, rear is the worst 2degrees 44! they say that I might be better fitting new rear bushes and coming back to see if they have improved!

Has anyone had to deal with this and what would the best thing to do.

Any ideas would be great

Cheers

Did they check to see if the camber bolts were ok and aligned properly ?

Just about everything is adjustable and you can buy different camber bolts from eibach or whitline to add a bit more of you want

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

He Didn't mention anything about camber bolts to me! Don't think they checked or could even measure it. Might.go back and ask.them tomorrow. The upgraded camber bolts may help, just iv heard they can put strain on drive shafts?  I would like a stock fix really!?  They must have been right when it left the factory! Or should I forget about it?  I don't use it for sport, would just be nice to have it right!!

post-3969-0-43796000-1436987180_thumb.jp

If the suspensions been changed or any works been done to the rear of the car the bolts will have been removed, and you need a geo set up again so maybe someone did something and didn't get it re aligned after,

The camber bolts are on the lower strut leg by the hub, it's a possibility they didn't know about it, who did you take it to ?

As you have seen it's only a cam on the bolt so I'd go back to the garage and ask them to have another look

You'll notice a difference in handling and you should get better tyre wear too with a correct set up

I'll go back and show them the bolt on the Internet and get an answer. They mentioned bushes may have to be changed :-/ I hope they have already been installed and he just didn't know, otherwise they are not so expensive!  Will post out come!!  

Nice one!  Feel a bit better now.  Next just got to change my rear calipers one day as off side rear has seized....  Oh the fun haha 

Lol I know I've just done the front calipers for same reason,

My bushes are origional (18years) so it should be ok, my guess is the bolt has been put back in and not aligned properly, good luck & let us know how you get on

On classic imprezas they only have the camber bolts in the front as standard (so the rear is totally unadjustable)

I fitted Elbaich rear camber bolts when I fitted the rear shocks a couple of months ago, not because I wanted a "stanced" vdub look as I want it to actually go around corners and cope with our fubar'd ,potholed roads .It was just to give the rear some sort of adjustment when I eventually get round to having a 4 wheel alignment done .

Yours does seem like it's quite a way out so I'd probably agree that somethings a bit worn but would have thought if it's a lateral link or bush it would have been picked up on the mot .

Maybe just get some Elbaich rear camber bolts and ask them to fit them prior to trying to align it again

Hmm interesting, my alignment guy said I had a set of bolts in the rear,i'm off to check now haha

Seems a bit odd that the foz may have them and classic wouldn't

40mm lowering kit installed! I think I will have to take wheel off to see if the bolts are there? Can not see any bolts underneath with those tags on! I take it they are easy to install? Bolt for a bolt??

Yeah when you lower a car it changes the angle of the wishbones/lateral links which in turn pushes the bottom of the wheels out or in (changing the camber)

I've fitted a roll center correction kit on the front which extends the track rod arms and bottom ball joints ,with the standard front camber bolts.

I'm hoping that with the adjustable arb and rear camber bolts it will give enough adjustment to correct the geometry

Just debating on waiting for a anti lift kit to come up at the right price before I get it set up properly or get It done now

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update with some pics.

Bolts arrived, looked strong and upto the job!

Had a job cracking the top bolts but managed in the end. Bushes have perished and bottom control arms aren't fantastic and the caliper is still seized but that's another story!

Just noticed picture 2. The lower bolt looks like it has a marker on it exposed by brushing dirt! Looks strange! :| Will investigate further.

An Easy job to fit camber bolts and not expensive.

Cheers guys

post-3969-0-13092400-1440366597_thumb.jp

post-3969-0-65996000-1440366701_thumb.jp

post-3969-0-36357700-1440367819_thumb.jp

post-3969-0-50357000-1440367860_thumb.jp

another reason many get odd alignment readings is because many staff do real sloppy job on setting up & using equipment so be real sure you shop & staff are above average or you just wasting good money.