New and Young Owner

Razz311

Hey

Just signed up to this forum why looking for some help for my car.

I'm only 16 (17 next month) and i own a 2007 1.5 Impreza Wagon that i brought a few months ago.

Hoping to find some good tips and advice, see you all in the forum.

• Like 1

Gotta start somewhere mate if the stock stereo & speakers are as rubbish as the older ones then you'll see a massive improvment

Yeah, Still got the stock speakers but i needed a new head unit to plug in my ipod. Will have to start looking for some speakers for it.

hi mate

welcome to the club

Hey

Thanks  :)

hi mate welcome,

looking forward to seeing some pictures. A Subaru for your first car, not bad mate :)

Welcome to the club! Not a bad first car

Thanks, I didn't really want a typical first car EG; Fiesta or Corsa, so i spent a fair amount of time looking for something else that i could insure. I realized if i could find a 1.5 Impreza it wouldn't be much more to insure. I'll still be looking for a faster Subaru when I've been on the roads for a few years though.

Welcome to the club, if ya need a hand give us a shout I'm only Arundel way and I've got family in Horsham so normally around.......

Dan

Thanks, will do. Nice to know someone local, I'll keep my eye out for you.  :)

• Like 1

Headunit was a good choice for the first mod in my opinion- turn the standard one up above 10 and prepare for your ears to bleed! When you get round to speakers I recommend anything made by vibe (edge and fli are also made by vibe)- personally I have vibe blackairs (require amp), but if you're on a budget fli or edge offer fantastic value for money!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When you want some speakers nip into Halford's and have a listen to a few. It's surprising how different some brands sound.

I've got some vibe black air 6x9's in sealed boxes in my work van, running from a 300w JBL amp. Just bought some phoenix gold 4 inch speakers for the dash.

I need a good midrange and top end to keep up with the 10" sub and 1600w amp in the passenger footwell

Gone are the days of me spending silly money on a set up, luckily the previous owner had a good kenwood unit so I went to Halfords and ended up buying a mix due to the stupid sizes have some 4.5 vibe slik ? In the rear and some 5.6 edge in the front, sounds ok but had to install an active sub under the passenger seat as it was a coax setup that I took out, think the speakers cost about 45 quid much improved, with the sub even better. Not stupid bass but compliments the rest of the system

The stock head unit looked like it came out of the 90s, why does it still have a tape deck??? I just wanted to plug my Ipod in and I'm happy. Speakers defiantly need replacing as the stock ones start to !Removed! if you turn it up to much.I'll have to do a bit of research first as i know loads about home Hi-Fi but when it comes to car stuff and the other brands i know next to nothing. Gonna leave out a sub-woofer for the moment and add one later if i feel it needs it as im not after a loud or bassy system, just want something that sound clean and can be used at an audible level.

I had the same thought when I saw mine- Japanese brands seem to have a love of tapes though- I work at Lexus and most of them came with tape decks up until 2009! Speakers couldn't be easier to install- door cards come off with a few screws and clips (in pic), old speakers out, solder wires to new speakers, put all back together and you're good to go! post-3486-143794349563_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had the same thought when I saw mine- Japanese brands seem to have a love of tapes though- I work at Lexus and most of them came with tape decks up until 2009! Speakers couldn't be easier to install- door cards come off with a few screws and clips (in pic), old speakers out, solder wires to new speakers, put all back together and you're good to go! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1437943489.915743.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I though that the Japanese would of had the latest and greatest in technology in their cars ;) . Yeah, that looks easy enough. I'll look into it a bit more when i am closer to doing it but it looks simple enough to do. I'm currently bing pulled to some of Cerwin Vegas Car audio stuff simply cause my main Hi-Fi speakers are Cerwins.

Hi All,

I am in a bit of a bind here. I own a 2007 Subaru Imprezza non-turbo . I need a new engine or head and block at least. The engine type is an EL15 and I can't locate (a reasonable) one in my country , Trinidad and Tobago.

Can any one render assistance. 

Lamard.