Another New member!!

Duffsaw

Hi,

a subaru newbie here, just bought my first!!

i've always wanted a forester, and found a 2010 XS boxer diesel not too far from home, FSH, and traded my old navara, and I'm delighted. its exactly what i wanted, and goes like stink!!

we 've a littlun, only 11 months, and with the usual gear that goes everywhere, its brilliant. and compared to my old navara, the fuel economy is fantastic.

is there anything to watch out for either in maintenance or weaknesses? i see the clutch is a bit different already, but is it a good clutch, just different, or something else?

anyway, i hope i don't have too many newbie questions you've all heard before!!

thanks,

Ed

The boxer diesel is a complete alien to me I'm afraid, maybe others have some insights on it, but welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy your stay, have a look around and get to know a few of us, it's a good bunch on here

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

Again I'm not sure about the diesel engines. And I only know 1 person near me who has one. had it from new and had no problems so I'm guessing there a good strong car :)

thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated!

i had a great experience on another Ik forum with my last car, a nissan navara. so it was the first thing on my to do list as i learn the subaru ropes, to join up on a uk forum, where, (and i mean this as a compliment), there are loads of car geeks, who care about their cars, and KNOW about them!

i know most here are petrol heads, and i'm only a diesel dunkey, (I mean donkey), but i'll still have a couple of things i'm sure you'll be able to help with if I'm stuck.

thanks again for the welcome,

Not a problem at all mate, and I'm more then happy to call myself a Geek. But I still like Star Wars more then Star Trek so as long as you can except me for who I am you are more then welcome here :)

And here it's doesn't matter you have a Dirty Diesel  ;) it's the badge on the front that counts ;) mind you I think most of us here like anything that either makes a noise needs fuel and goes fast. (and that's just the wife's) :) 

hey gambit, this is an old one my father is often heard repeating,-

'anything with !Removed! or tyres will cause nothing but trouble!!'

never a truer word eh??!!

I have to agree :) cool saying too.

Welcome to the mad house :)

Gambit I bet you put Jedi down as your religion in the census. This is me the day I bought my Stormtrooper bucket :D

th_IMG_0203_zps1a771f44.jpg

I just put "Why who the F@ck is asking :)

I have a friend that makes stuff like that. This is the Iron man suit he made. and my other mate is the manager of Blockbusters so he asked him to come down for the Bluray release of Avengers 

hfi6.jpg

the guys got some serious talent, what does he do for a living, he could probably get a job doing movie stuff full time, not sure how you go about it but if he was to send a few of his creations to film producers and tell them what they are made from he could be in with a shot at the big time