Subaru Legacy sport 2004 model

marshal900l

Hi everyone. I have had Imprezas before but looking to go to a legacy sport but not to sure yet as the one I am looking at has 180k on the clock has got full service history and 12 months mot on it. Just wondering if anyone else would think of going for it or just pass by it without looking twice?

Cheers

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

It does look like its needs rescuing. And to me in the pictures look fairly good condition apart from needing a real good clean.

Would it be worth going for considering the mileage? The full service history is a complete bonus to me and the 12 months mot makes it even better.

It does look like its needs rescuing. And to me in the pictures look fairly good condition apart from needing a real good clean.

Would it be worth going for considering the mileage? The full service history is a complete bonus to me and the 12 months mot makes it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's deff worth a look atleast if it's been well looked after...you don't get to 180k treating it like crap that's for sure :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Depends on how much they are after for it, plus i'd like to know how long it's been sat there looking a the weeds for a little while at least, have a good check underneath for signs of rust as it doesn't take long for it to start if parked up on grass,

• Like 1

if thee body work is good & interea it looks like a nice car plus not meny around in that red, its down to the price, pudh the point of the miles on it, if it comes cheap you drop another engine in it

It's only going to cost me 600 coz that's all I paid for my Nissan d22 and that was 6 months ago. The outside looks ok from the pictures will get him to send some pictures of interior and more of the outside before I decide to go look at it.

I'm just waiting for the bloke to send me more pictures of the outside and the inside so I can decide whether to go look at it. But of what I can recall for the mileage it is at just gotta check for rust and making sure of head gasket problems.

Head gasket is less likely in the 2 litre. It was the 2.5s that were slightly more notorious for it, from my understanding anyway. (Although I'm sure people will tell me otherwise)

Again, although unlikely due to non turbo and FSH, just have a listen out for any rattles/knocks from the engine, otherwise things could be getting expensive.

Make sure it's not due up for a cambelt change, unless you're able to do it yourself.

Ultimately for the equivalent of £600, you could end up with an absolutely brilliant car. Mileage on a subaru would never particularly worry me especially if it was used as a work horse- a car that does high mileage regularly- say you drive 20 miles to work and the same home again- the engine goes through it's cooling cycle properly, so it's less stressed.

Whereas a car that's only got 30k on the clock may have only been used for a 4 mile round trip every day, so it will have spent most of its life running cold... I hope that makes sense :lol:

If it's in good nick, I will go as far as saying it will be one of the best cars you've ever owned!