Oil pressure gauge install help please!

martyc

I've bought the twin prosport pillar gauge set from scoobyworld (boost and oil pressure) and I'm not sure if I'm missing something? The boost gauge seems straight forward, as does the wiring (all feeds can be taken from the clock from what I can gather?) but with the oil pressure gauge there is no adaptor just a sender unit.

Has anyone bought this set up and can advise how to plumb in the OP gauge? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :-)

Martin

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

You'll need an adaptor as the hole under no 3 is blanked off, i'm in the process of moving my pressure from n03 to the alternator, and sticking temp in 3.

DO NOT BUY THE GALLEY PLUG FROM SUBARU it's threaded bsp where as your sender will be ntp.

So you can either get a complete relocation kit from the usual outlets or just the galley plug adaptor with an ntp thread

http://www.scoobyparts.com/interior/gauges-fitting-pods/oil-pressure-oil-temperature-gauge-fitting-kit

So the braided line and silver thing go under alt in original sender hole and you screw the sender in at the back, or you can but just the nut and stick that directly in the block at no3 and put sender in

• Like 1

Just tried the no 3 plug, it is tight as fook and can't get it out! Didn't wanna strip or break anything so will have to try the other method. Ran all the wires into the bay and done the boost sender etc so will hopefully have the gauges in today even if the OP isn't hooked up yet

Just done this myself. Boost is simple. I ran the oil pressure in to a t piece braided line under the alternator and the temperature in #3. It is a bit fiddly to get too. Intercooler needs to come off for access. If you do go for #3 make sure the area is clean. Taking the blank out exposes the engines internals.

Turns out I'm missing the adaptor that's meant to come with the kit! One email to scoobyworld and they're getting one out in the post, well impressed with the service!

Had the ic out and access was easy but only hex bit I had was on a 1/4 drive and I didn't want to snap it or damage anything so I gave up on that! Plus turns out I needed some other bits anyway

How did you get to the one under the alt? Flexi adaptor turned up today, assembled it to go in using ptfe on all the threads, but can't see an easy way to get to the oe sender unit?

Managed to get to the sender, hooked all up fine, although a 24mm deep socket would make life a damn sight easier! Had a really annoying leak on one of the cone fittings, managed to get it to seal after 4 attempts and lots of ptfe. But even with my hamfisted -ness i achieved it. Definitely achievable by any novice. I just hope it stays oil tight!

• Like 2

Managed to get to the sender, hooked all up fine, although a 24mm deep socket would make life a damn sight easier! Had a really annoying leak on one of the cone fittings, managed to get it to seal after 4 attempts and lots of ptfe. But even with my hamfisted -ness i achieved it. Definitely achievable by any novice. I just hope it stays oil tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there myself. Good job getting it on. Nothing more satisfying than getting it done.

post-4189-143885720611_thumb.jpgpost-4189-143885721747_thumb.jpgpost-4189-143885722795_thumb.jpg

The finished article. Extended the oe sender wire as it was too short and tried to put the t piece out of the way but visible to keep an eye on it. Not the tidiest but was struggling to find place for it!