Oil pressure gauge install help please!

martyc

Well at least it seems in the ball park :-) I just wanted to be able to monitor it so I could switch it off before it eats itself if it ever goes wrong.

No wonder it's a bugger to seal at 5.5bar! At least it seems all good still after a little drive

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Well at least it seems in the ball park :-) I just wanted to be able to monitor it so I could switch it off before it eats itself if it ever goes wrong.

No wonder it's a bugger to seal at 5.5bar! At least it seems all good still after a little drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine runs at 6.1 bar [emoji23] done mine for same reason. I'm on 167k miles and modified now. I monitor temp and pressure like a hawk. Any dips or peaks are quickly seen.
  • Like 1

I'm only on 62k! But she's standard bar a cat back, silicone y pipe and air filter. At least you give me faith in the longevity of the scooby flat 4, have seen some monster miles on some which is a good sign!

Not convinced I got the cone fitting piece oil tight still, went for a drive, noticed a tiny dribble, wiped it away and left it running for another 10 mins and still dry- could that be oil on the joint from before or do I still have an issue?

Just keep an eye on it mate, is it up as far as it will go on the thread ? I take it it's ptfe'd, I notices after I forgot to tighten the adaptor it just had a slight residue on which when hot dribbled down and looked like a fresh leak but isn't

Cheers guys I'll see how it goes. The fitting kit says it should be self sealing on the cone fittings to do them finger tight then 1/4 turn definitely didn't work for me like that!

It's the t piece end that was leaking. I seem to have solved that only to find a tiny welling of oil at the previously dry other end joints. I might just take it into a friggin garage at this rate

It's the t piece end that was leaking. I seem to have solved that only to find a tiny welling of oil at the previously dry other end joints. I might just take it into a friggin garage at this rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep at it. I had my intercooler off in a car park at 6:15am the morning of japshow tightening mine up.

You will get it sealed and save a chunk of cash.

Minor update:

Still not touched it, been keeping an eye on it. Doesn't seem to be any oil spreading etc just a very tiny bit at the top of the fitting which might be where it ran down when I was sorting the other leak. I can't get to the fitting to wipe it away now it's all back together. Taking it on a 40 mile round trip tomorrow will check after that as if it's leaking the oil should be hot and thin enough to be more obvious if there really is something leaking.