Rear clunk, time for coilovers?

Morning all,

My car has been suffering with the rear clunk (mainly the rear diver side) and it's driving me mad! I've seen videos of people fitting grease nipples to them so you can re grease it, but is it worth it or is it easier just to get something else?

I've seen some HSW coilovers for my car (54 blob wrx) and they are around £600.

Can't say I've been in a car with coilovers so I'm not sure about ride quality, or if there's something else I can do that would be easier and cheaper?

Many thanks in advance!

I'm not overly bothered about coilovers, although losing abit of ride height would be good!

The top ones you listed are they just a straight replacement? Would do the work myself as I have use of a ramp if need be.

• 3 weeks later...

av got the same problem aswell on my 05 blob knocking clunking and when a brake hard and come to a stop it feels like it drops its got my head done in what will fix it and how much am a looking at for it fixed at a garage 

the WRX are normal, the STI are inverted. The STI can be repaired with a couple of hours work and a grease nipple.

The KYB are a straight swap for the WRX, also they can be swapped without the need of spring clamps

A know I might sound silly but am not very clued up with cars what is it that will be broke is it the full system or just shockers just my back end is not bouncy had car back in garage and that said the warranty won't fix it as it won't fail a mot am fuming as a told them about the knock 2 weeks after a bought the car if it's going to cost a grand a might just take a hit on the car and trade it in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt need to cost a grand. The clunk is them drying inside hence the grease. They wont be bouncy as the oil and therefore damping in the main cylinder is not affected. If you are happy with the car as a whole it would be better to fix this and not lose out on a trade in deal

• Like 1

I have a similar issue as you MALAD that when I stop it sometimes feels like the rear drops (only feels like one corner) and  slight knock, was gonna get a set of Tein street flex coilovers fit them myself and then have it all aligned properly. Once funds allow get the active pro gps EDFC kit fitted.

if you wanna go coilovers then tiens super street are pretty good, dad went from racelogics which were rock hard and failed twice within 18 months before he sacked em off. The ss are softer but still progressive so pretty good for fast road without breaking your back

• Like 2

if you wanna go coilovers then tiens super street are pretty good, dad went from racelogics which were rock hard and failed twice within 18 months before he sacked em off. The ss are softer but still progressive so pretty good for fast road without breaking your back

Great will take a look, deffo good to hear from someone who has tested them.

• 1 month later...