Help Check Guide Buying 1st Subaru

Gambit

On 5/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, DanielKomsta said:

Hi, I’m Dan and I’m new here. I’m 28 and looking to get one. I mean levorg. Spoke to one Subaru garage in Oxfordshire. £16k for 2017. 49k miles on clock. White. I wish some of u maybe can give a bit advice. Cuz I read a lot of different opinions. I would like to know if is easy to get it serviced, r they reliable? Major problems? And does 1.6 engine doing well on estate car? Cuz maybe people and mechanics from my work place keeps telling me it’s not worth it and to expensive to get it fix. I live in Pembrokeshire (south Wales) many thanks for your help guys

Had zero issues with my 2.0 NA engine, have massive issues with a 2.5 turbo that had been built by Scooby clinic - failed after 4K (1K in my ownership) so good an bad experiences. If properly maintained they can be very reliable, many examples do over 200K. You may find the power to weight ratio of the 1.6 engine in the levorg to be not great particularly if you have a full load buuuut saying that I have never driven a levorg and also I do not know what cars you are used to - if you are switching from a renault 5 gt turbo to the levorg you will def have issues as that Renault is effectively a go kart with a turbo strapped to it

EDIT....

Just checked the specs on the 1.6, turbo with circa 168bhp with kerb weight of around 1620Kg - You should be just fine with those figures

• 8 months later...

On 2/7/2022 at 1:31 PM, singhkamleshh01 said:

hi chaps im new to Subaru and to this site. does anybody know anything about break disc skimming ? 

Not worth the time or trouble, discs/rotors are so cheap and quick to replace you might as well do so,  quality branded aftermarket parts are every bit as good as OE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Judd said:

Not worth the time or trouble, discs/rotors are so cheap and quick to replace you might as well do so,  quality branded aftermarket parts are every bit as good as OE.

Plus 1 - Not worth it