New owner of a uk 2000

will.georgey

post-5089-144309562619_thumb.jpg Hello everyone just bought this uk 2000 with 95,000 miles on the clock recent cambelt it has a full decat fitted and also yellow injectors my question is what is the best modification pass granted its not an sti and what engine would be in mine open deck I'm guessing and what would it be capable of it's a late 2000 model thankyou

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club. I have the same model as you.

I have a 3" decat system, cosworth panel filter, 3 port boost solenoid, rcm fuel pump and remap. I get 276hp 280lb-ft. That is then limited by the TD04 turbo.

You can get those figures but anymore and you will need to replace the turbo.

I'd highly recommend the fuel pump to limit the chance of leaning out. As a guide a lot say the internals can take 350hp and that goes for the 5 speed gearbox too.

That's good to know and good figures too what are they standard ? it's my winter car atm I also own a Mazda 3 MPs and I use a Cobb ap to do logs and flash maps what's the thoughts on the same system used on a uk 2000 I've also noticed someone has removed the bov and blanked it off is this going to cause any damage ? Thanks

Hello & welcome as far as I'm aware the cobb access port would only work on newage cars, if your wanting a map best off doing it properly on a rolling road as they are all vary different in the ability extract power out of your engine depending on wear etc last thing you'd want is to load a generic map or one that somone has had on a similar car only for it to go pop a few weeks down the line

Hi Will, welcome.

i have a UK 2000 Terzo running a safe 323bhp, if it helps i have listed all the mods i have on mine:

Td05 16g turbo

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Piper X Cone filter

Fuel pressure regulator

Bellmouth downpipe

Decat 3" full stainless

Boost controller

ESL daughter board

Front mounted intercooler (Not really required until you get to 400bhp but helps with heat soak in town)

NGK iridium IX spark plugs #7s

Magnecor KV85 ignition leads

Bailey atmospheric DV (chatters nicely, not too load)

Really want to get over the 350 mark but that comes with a 2k+ price tag if i build it... :wacko:  :blink:  :D 

Anyway, hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks all that's all been real helpful sorry I didn't reply earlier this tapatalk app hasn't been giving me notifications, first things first after running the car for a few weeks now I love it I also own a Mazda 3 MPs were the uk2000 lacks in power it makes up in grip and pure fun I want to get good power out the car , just out of question what engine would I be looking for as an upgrade that I can build over time and put in the car as I know this is the open deck engine which a friend runs in his rally car running antilagg fully built at 370bhp with a tdo5 my options after the winter and the MPs is back is either build this engine or buy a already more powerful engine and build that thanks that's a fairly good list of mods what boost controller do you recommend? And we're do I find a piggy back Ecu it turns out the car has the bell mouth downpipe too happy days

I use the recirc. I have a good bit of whistle on boost anyway. Bov seem hit and miss. Gfb make a good adjustable bov @£190. If I did get one it'd be that. A forum member bought one recently and said it works really well.

Does an upgraded recirc still give the psst pssst or is that only Bov? Dumpvalve sound?

Thanks in advance.

Why not start with a map, gives you time to amass parts then less downtime between motor swaps?

A map should get you to around 270 ish before anything else,

As for ecu you'll either need an apexi fc & commander or esl board, which is newer and allows Al & launch plus twin maps ask savage what he thinks as he has had both in his at some point

I don't have one lol whatever is best really for the application I like the car so I'll spend abit on it I think I need some plugs first I have a slight miss on idle however it could be because of running no recirc valve I reckon what's the standard idle mine idles at 800rpm