MORE POWER

adenjdannenmaier

Hi all my fellow Subaru enthusiasts im looking to make more power from my wrx and not really sure which route to take my main motivation is one of my friends has a dyno mapped civic type r and its surprisingly fast and manages to keep up my car so i need to put his stupid honda back in its place and leave him for dust i was thinking of starting out with an electronic boost controller and just up my boost slightly but im not sure how my cars internals will handle the extra power if anyone has any recommendations im all ears and could really use the advice.

Thanks 

Aden

any existing mods?

there is a thread somewhere with Savage and others breaking it down what you can do step by step - gambit posted a link to a tuning site as well which gives a step by step guide to ugradeing the impreza - Im on my laptop at the mo and all my scooby links are on my PC so unfortunately I cannot help more

start with intake and output, panel filter (hi flow) free flow exhaust, higher spec fuel pump and a remap

yeah thats what i feared i didnt want to do anything that would risk the health of my engine i want to get more power safely im going to be purchasing a cosworth panel filter to improve the intake do you know of any free flow exhausts that wont produce a ton of noise the one i have now is great for that its quiet when you want it to be and when you stomp on the loud pedal it does just that :) and what about my fuel system if i upgrade my pump will i need bigger injectors?

Nah you won't need bigger injectors...

A good start is like Jay said, high flow panel filter, de-cat up-pipe and an uprated fuel pump. If you want to go full ham you can go down the fully decat route or sports cat. Then map of course...

Just depends on how much you want to spend!

i see well ill have to look into where i can get it mapped and how much it'll cost and make sure i get i can afford to get i get the parts installed ill see how i go with just the bolt on parts first and go from there ive ordered a panel filter so ill just need to find a good cat back exhaust do you have any suggestions?

I have the Afterburner vortex and non-resonated centre section... gives a nice burble and is not too loud. Panel filter, go with a dry type to avoid ruining the MAF, I'm using the pipercross one and it's been very good!

if your trying to keep cost down,then try toyosport exhaust,nice price and nice rumble with them,i had 1 on my bugeye,find them on eBay or here link to their website

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/exhausts--manifolds-10-c.asp

get a sti turbo for it,uprated fuel pump and a map and you sould leave mr honda far behind  ;)

• Like 1

if your trying to keep cost down,then try toyosport exhaust,nice price and nice rumble with them,i had 1 on my bugeye,find them on ebay or here link to their website

http://www.toyosports.co.uk/exhausts--manifolds-10-c.asp

get a sti turbo for it,uprated fuel pump and a map and you sould leave mr honda far behind  ;)

I'll be fitting Toyosports catback to my blob tomorrow and full decat (Japspeed downpipe+Toyosports catback) to my gf's bug as well. Will post some pics up and maybe a little vid with sound :)

• Like 2