oldschoolSTI

Apologies if already posted elsewhere but saw this on subaru.co.uk

SUBARU RECALL NOTICE: IMPREZA MODELS (2004 – 2007)

As part of its quality processes Fuji Heavy Industries, parent company to Subaru Automobile has issued an official recall campaign relating to possible front passenger air bag SPI inflator failure.The recall notice applies only to Impreza models (including WRX and STI) built between 2004 and 2007. The recall does not affect any other models in the Subaru range.

The vehicles affected are equipped with front passenger air bag SPI inflators manufactured by air-bag maker Takata. The recall has received widespread media coverage as Takata supplies a number of Japanese vehicle manufacturers.

It has been found that the inflators in the passenger airbag may experience an alteration over time, potentially leading to over-aggressive combustion in the event of an airbag deployment, leading to risk of injury.

Subaru UK is advising owners of all Impreza models built between 2004 and 2007 to contact their local dealer at their earliest convenience to have the front passenger airbag inflator replaced free of charge.

Please note, this applies to passenger side airbags only and we therefore advise you avoid seating occupants in the front passenger seat until the work has been carried out.

Please contact our service department to confirm whether or not your vehicle is affected by this recall and to make a booking for the work to be done at your earliest convenience.

• Like 1

Yeah was posted before and on our Facebook page. I remember a woman on the page saying she had contacted Subaru and told her not to worry about it. As it was only a few that are effected not as many that the notice makes you believe. But I agree no harm in keeping people alert to it. ;)

No just passenger side apparently, I don't know why just the one would be affected really and not the others. I'll find out more when they guys back that I need to speak to. Hey gambit can you send me a request from the Facebook page? I keep sending a request but no one wants to add me :(

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Ahh duhh me about the page!! Yes let me know when the meets start I don't work Tuesday now so I can come to them yeay :) you'll know if you see me I have big black skulls on the sides, beep like hell though if you do see me, certain scoobies round Grimsby are quite ignorant, prob cos I'm a girl!!

• Like 1

Will do. You'll hear me probably lol but my windows are pretty dark too. And I wave to all Scoobs only ones I might look at before trying to wave is Legacy and foresters  :lol: normally find they're driven by older less fun people like stants  :lol:

• Like 1

Will do. You'll hear me probably lol but my windows are pretty dark too. And I wave to all Scoobs only ones I might look at before trying to wave is Legacy and foresters [emoji38] normally find they're driven by older less fun people like stants [emoji38]

Oi ! Just cos I'm in a foz doesn't make me less fun, [emoji622] my face now !
  • Like 1

I'm in Cheltenham- the worst thing is I went in to get my key coded and ECU updated (to cure the flatspots the 2.0r's suffer from) and I was told I have to wait a week until their qualified subaru tech was in [emoji23] Pretty poor considering they're an official dealership imo

• Like 1

Your not joking!! That's rubbish. I can't find out until Monday when I can get mine done, although they managed to tell me mine needed doing. I hope it's not as longer wait as yours though!! Must have a few in your area that need doing. Do they only get issued one replacement a month aswell from Subaru?

• Like 1