temperature gauge

Darren220283

Hi  everyone new to the subaru group I got a wrx sportwagon on a 52 plate on Monday and iv noticed that the needle in the temperature gauge sits just a little below haf way  is this normal also the fan comes on and goes off every few seconds or so. The car seems to run fine and iv bee  to hull and back every thing seems fine but with this been my first I don't know if it's normal behaviour.any advice would be great thanks guy's 

In my V1 STI I've got 2 fans, should be the same for you.....

my normal temp fan flicks on and off little and often now she's been fully flushed out, but the air con one ( left side if looking head on) only comes on with aircon on full use of air con other wise should stay off. If in doubt keep an eye on that temp gauge.... :wink:

Ye that sounds right then I know it's had a new thermostat by the lass owner.  And the needle sits just under haf way on the gauge and never moves. But the fan will flick on for five seconds or so and then flick off and then flick back on five seconds later and so on. But I dint know if this sounds normal for these types of engines thanks for the info pall

• Like 1

Well that was going to be my next question were the best place to get samco hoses from and how much. Iv seen a lot of pics with people doing this do you judt buy a radiator set and an intercooler set  they would be going on a 52 wrx sportwagon 

Thank you for that il have a good look tonight and see what's what think she going to need a little tlc. Been time hull and back again today and she rids nice so few little bits and she will be a gem.

Out of interest do you know were to find or buy a turbo for her the one looks old so I might be an idea to have one on my watch list 

I have noticed that if I put the blower to blow onto the windscreen, the aircon is activated automatically and the button lights up. Don't know if this is normal but I am constantly turning it off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's fully automatic, will turn it's self off at some point when it 'sees' the inside temp/conditions are where it wants them to be,

Apparently you can get into it using the free ssm software and remove the auto function

On 24/01/2016 at 2:40 PM, Darren220283 said:

Thank you for that il have a good look tonight and see what's what think she going to need a little tlc. Been time hull and back again today and she rids nice so few little bits and she will be a gem.

Out of interest do you know were to find or buy a turbo for her the one looks old so I might be an idea to have one on my watch list 

Unless your is faulty or you wanna upgrade there is no point buying a different turbo. They all quickly get that tired look due to extreme temperature changes I guess...