WRX STI audio system

Mick5994

I've always hhas Sony systems in my cars, my last car had double din so I got a pioneer f310bt and it's the dogs danglies, I still have it in the garage if you wanna make me an offer, I think it's in the for sale section on here somewhere, I'd buy another pioneer tbh, Sony doesn't compare in the sound quality department

The actual head unit is ok, it works as a radio it plays cd's, mine had an aux jack in the center console to connect my i-phone via 3mm headphone jack so I could play my playlists. To be honest it did everything I needed it for, I just wanted a flashy head unit with Sat Nav. Pioneer has one of the better satnavs built in so thats pretty much why I went Pioneer, always had Kenwood head units in the past. It's the speakers in the scoobs that let it down the most though.

Well this is the 1st boot up after I got it all fitted to the car. I now have another software for the music player. I would skip to about 48 second's on the video the rest is just it booting up 

If I'm honest I'm quite jealous, I'd love to have a windows system built into the car, monitors in the headrests so I can let the kids watch films on journeys

• Like 1

Meh

Showoff

:-P

Hey what can I say. Massive collection of gimp masks and a pc with WIFI in my car so I can watch dwarf !Removed! on people's open wifi some things should be shown off ;) 

I know what your saying Pete and I've used them stand alone units before, iI have 6 x 10 foot did stands in the living room full of dad's yet the playstations 350gb hard drive is 90% full with films and the 750gb hard drive on the laptop is 65% full with them too, it'd make more sense to have a hard drive in the car for them so there's not dvds lying about the car, plus the Wifi when out and about is appealing too, also, I was a big fan of Apple products and had an iphone from day one but when the 4s was due the wife was due for an upgrade and didn't want to wait so she got an android phone instead, after spending a day setting it up for her I wanted one, I vowed never to waste money on an Apple product again, I'll either get an android setup in the car or a couple of windows 8 tablets instead but there will one day be some funky setup in there

Must admit - I like my MAC as I find its better for pulling documents together and making movies and have found it less a frustrating os than the windows equipped Dell I had and I like my ipod...

that being said however having seen the ipad and iphone and had the inevitable - you must get one I dont know how you function without one... I did a bit of research and the those two Apple products would do my head in from lack of flexibility - so from a phone perspective it would be android and I just dont need the ipad

i'm a proper phone obsessed person, i've always had the latest and greatest phones available, my first phone was a purple NEC brick on BT cellnet lol

the problem i found with the iphones, which i believe has got better slightly, was if you paid 75p for a music track you then had to pay again to use the same track, albeit 30 seconds of it, for a ring tone, and message tones were restricted to the ones on the phone, first thing i did was jailbreak them to get the best out of them, this invalidated the warranty and made it crash, a lot

with an android phone you get all the customisable bits out of the box, and then some, you can put any mp3's onto it not just bought for ones via itunes, and if ever it crashes you can pull the Battery, not to mention, you fill an iphone memory, you need to upgrade the entire phone or delete stuff, with the androids you just get a bigger sd card

it is a case of what works for each individual person but i do strongly believe that Apple products are only good for business men and sheep that follow the flock, i was one of said sheep but have gone rouge  :ph34r: 

So I should replace the Audio System with an Android Phone????......LMAO, Got to admit I love my Apple products, the iphone I have does everything I want it to and I spend more time on my wife's IPAD than she does...well almost. I'll also be looking at a Mac book Pro to replace my current laptop in the next couple of months....the problem with travelling so much is that most of my stuff ends up broken quite quickly, just love the way squaddies throw all the kit around!!

I can see why people do there so easy to use there Idiot proof I got my daughter the Ipad mini for her birthday nice bit of kit for now until they wont support anymore with updated's because they want you to buy there next thing they have made with nothing more really added to it. And as much as I think Apple think they did well with the sale of the iphone I think 90% people bought them just so when they posted on facebook it said posted via iphone it's what made me get one lol.   

• Like 1

I know when I did switch to droid for the 1st time was the Samsung Galaxy SII I did find them really hard to work but now I have the hang of them and thing's you can do with them they will always seem a better phone for me. I always though the camera was pretty good with iphone but I guess the screen could have made it look better I've never printed a picture off from a phone either though. 

My first play with android was the wife's HTC sensation, I then got the S2 also, I too found it a bit of getting used to as the iphone has less buttons on it and slightly different ways round things but I'm now on the S3 and my next phone is going to be the HTC one, awesome phones

If you liked the S2 you will love the 4, the 3 is fantastic, so many features it's untrue, I do like the 4 but the HTC has an edge over the galaxy and I wanna try it