water problem

Yeah an engine swap is easy enough to do. I did mine on the driveway. Borrowed an engine hoist and had it out in a couple of hours. If you do get another engine, change the cam belts and tensioners before you put it in the car.

Oh and new spark plugs as well as I reckon it's one of the hardest DIY service jobs to do on the car. The access to the plugs is rather hard.

• Like 2

It's got metal head gaskets on it so would say a head is cracked the engine was not that long done with all upgrade insides so will just re do engine that's in it plus its a sti as well no In my luck I will find a engine and it will go bang lol

Sounds good not sure I ill be able to make it or not at the minute but if I can and get tickets will pop along :) 

And going back to the engine sounds like had a lot spent on it already So I agree worth maybe getting it looked at and find out the cost. And Yep my luck goes like that too. Bought a 2nd hand hub with bearing and ABS sensor (I knew the risk) but tried anyway bearing noise and sensor had bust. So will be buying a new one soon :( 

Ok, best place near me that has an awesome reputation and the guys mega on ladsoc forum is Cams, main guy is Brian Coward, here's his details if you can't find what you want I'd be surprised if Brian can't sort it

07931 211871

01254 689994

Address probably isn't much use for you but here you go anyway

Unit 12

Brook mill complex

Branch road

Blackburn

BB3 0PR

It's got metal head gaskets on it so would say a head is cracked the engine was not that long done with all upgrade insides so will just re do engine that's in it plus its a sti as well no In my luck I will find a engine and it will go bang lol

it might just be the head lifting as described in the other forum - you may be lucky and just need the new studs... fingers crossed but a replacement engine will allow the time to do a full recon and have an engine to sell or keep as a spare

Ok sounds good car is running a ihi 22 twin scroll turbo at min says the turbo is good for 1.7 bar it's running 1.3 at the min just try in to work out bigger injectors to get the most out of it all or do I go for a bigger turbo I just want to see some good bhp out of it. As the engine is come in out to be fix so want to spend more on it to get more out of it

I'd go for a big hybrid turbo and get it mapped to suit the rest of the fitted parts, then you can change other parts bit by bit as you go and up the map to suit as and when, if you have the turbo there that's the maker of the big power sorted

• Like 1