Car is dead after jump start

lev1982

Update. Just had someone look at car and strong smell of fuel when trying to start. Have been told an injector seal could have gone. Causing a massive over fuel. Gonna get the top off and check them. As well as drop out the spark plugs. Anyone heard of his before?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dud you disconnect the earth when having the welding done and Have you definitely got a spark ?

Cos If you haven't got a spark and you have got fuel , it wouldn't be burning and it would smell rich .

A blown injector ring would also give the same sort of symptoms but probably accompanied by a bit of popping and banging as it tries to fire on the other cylinders.

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Battery was removed from the car completely. Definately getting a spark. All four ht leads gave me a jump. ( lack of a spark plug spanner meant an extension bar and hand were used lol) have been told that maybe a pop from the exhaust while reversing on to ramps could have blown a seal and it is now too flooded to start.

I once had an issue with a poorly fitted fmic pipe slipped from the silicon join. Car ran like **** but limped home then wouldn't start but stank of fuel. Eventually it fired up and ran like **** for a bit before running right again. It was my first impreza. I had no idea what I was doing and that car cost me a lot of money before I sold it on 😱😓

No faults on eml. How can I test it?Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I posted some screenshots on how to test crankshaft and camshaft!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes sorry mate done that and all good.

No faults on eml. How can I test it?Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I posted some screenshots on how to test crankshaft and camshaft!Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes sorry mate done that and all good.

Ok then we will move back to step 1 to test if the ecu is getting the right power and we will diagnose it according to the book

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk