Subaru WRX Tuning & Advice

DaveyC

44 minutes ago, Sandals said:

What kind of fitting is it? Considering your standard centre pipe fit the HKS downpipe you shouldn't have issues with your aftermarket one!

I thought the same but on close inspection it appears that original centre pipe has an extra piece welded to it to fit the HKS downpipe. Seems like someone had the same issue in the past so welded a bit of pipe to make it fit else it was too short. Think the best solution will be to buy a new downpipe for the afterburner system i have then it should all fit fine.

14 minutes ago, stants said:

Hks one a 3" And the centre a 2.5" ?

It is a 3 inch yes but its more the fact that the length is wrong and the connection its like a female to female connection for the pipe i was adding if that makes sense. so just not right. Ill see if i can get some pics up

Other than the rubbish welding and wanting to fit the centre pipe to be honest im very happy with the exhaust sound lovely. May just leave as is and spend money elsewhere now.

43 minutes ago, steveuk260 said:

Sounds nice but how loud is it inside on motorway driving.?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

i honestly think its ok, my mate had one and didnt like it on the motorway. mines mainly a weekend car so i want it to sound nice not really bothered if its loud on motorway of which i think its fine anyway.

Depends how tolerable you are some will hate it i could see that but doesnt bother me lol