Check engine light

Jhosk1981

Guys, I have noticed that my check engine light comes on and goes off when warm, after around 45 mins etc. Sometime it stays on, sometimes not.

I've plugged the green clips together to try and diagnose but no codes come up, the light is off and doesn't flash or anything? what do you think? 

James

Knock sensor fault, meaning it's not working properly,

Mines just done the same thing in the last couple of months, the sensors get brittle over time and crack as they sit on top of the engine block,

Simple but fiddly to replace cost about 60 quid for genuine part

No. It hasn't came on for a while but it was more prone to come on at cold start through the winter. It came on roughly 4 times over winter months. Stays on for 2-3 seconds then goes off. Don't risk it, the biscuits are usually quite stale anyway 😖😏

Does yours come up after you've been driving a while..when engine is hot?

Yes mate, mine had a sudden loss of power flashed on and then went away, all was fine, this was after 45 mins of heavy stop start traffic

• 4 weeks later...

So guys, any ideas here.....Had a new knock sensor fitted recently, all good. No more check engine light on trip back from the garage

Then today, was cleaning the car and moved it, (haven't driven since and it was sat in the heat) check engine light back on, plugged black diagnostic plugs in and boom....Code 22 again!

So I know it's not the sensor now? What's next to check?

Cheers

James.