Flamer kit

quit

Not as easy as that at all!!

Do it properly or it won't do nothing. You have to make a diversion from one of your HT leads so that fuel isn't being burnt (internal combustion) in one of the four cylinders (doesn't matter which one) and when the fuel passes the cylinder and reaches the rear of the exhaust where the new spark plug is and the spark (Which has been been redirected from HT lead) is switched on it creates your flames.

It isn't the hardest job but at the same time it isn't the easiest of jobs. But better to do it right or your putting money and effort into the car for nothing.

Hope this helps you mate

Smudger

Whilst I have never fitted one to my own car I was always under the impression that the ignition was cut momentarily to the engine allowing unburnt fuel from any / many cylinders into the exhaust which the spark plug then ignites, so whilst a live feed is required, I would assume again looking at the picture, this is controlled by the black box circuitry to the coil negating the need for a spilt circuit from one of the cylinder leads as this box is acting as an independent trigger / voltage supply for the spark.

What I am not clear on from the picture is how the ignition is cut / or not and if it just relies on an engine running richer on overrun and unburnt fuel being a result or enthusiastic revving?

• Like 1

Trust me Matty- these are to be wired up properly for the desired effect to work. I have seen these in action with the wiring as you have said and absolutely nothing happens except maybe a cursory pop

Now and again. You have to cut the ignition from one of the cylinders pal.

Smudger

• Like 1

Nope in that video it's working exactly as it should 

maybe the older kits with no control module you have to ? as i know the older kits are pretty basic and i think if you dont switch it off on the switch it will just keep sparking 

I had one on my sapphire cosworth just wired up in the boot with a switch, spat good old flames on the overrun and maybe(can't remember for certain) between gears, but didn't give any flames under power

• 1 month later...

Have to agree with smudger  on this one unless your car is massively over fuelling nothing happens I myself have a fire dragon I believe kit on my scooby full 3inch exhaust no cats only one backbox and absolutely nothing happens you maybe get one flame after revving your car for 10 minutes your more likely to get a check engine light than a flame.

Edited by Jpderv