Rear ARB change

Piggysniffer

Hi all, seems I have my 07 hawk wrx wagon running fine at long last, only thing that's miffing me a bit is the way the ****/rear end doesn't quite inspire confidence as much as the front, I'm reading that chucking an uprated anti roll bar on the rear wil make the world of difference, anybody done this, is it any good

👍😀

I have a 2000 classic and put a 22mm bar on the back. Polybushes and ally droplinks. Made the world of difference. Car felt flatter and it didn't seem to lean on the front outside as much when cornering/braking. Get it done 😈👍

My wagon was really rolling around so I found a set of sti shocks and springs now it corners flat and great. The difference was night and day. Still plan on getting a 22mm arb also, but bang for buck I'd go for better struts and springs. 

Sounds good to me !! I'm reading that if you do just the rear then you stick a 22mm on, but if you do both its 24 rear and 22 front, I've already got ally drop links on rear, so will check the size of my rear ARB just go make sure it's not already done (doesn't feel like it is), have we got any preference to what's a good aftermarket ARB peeps

5 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

Did you have to get wagon specific shocks mate 

I got myself a set of sti shocks that came from a saloon to my knowledge there's no difference in Impreza wagon sti shocks and saloon sti shocks correct me if I'm wrong. 

Definitely don't have that problem 😳 I actually measured before and after and the difference was 15mm front and less then 10mm back (lower). You couldn't tell by eye and the handling is just so much better I can't stess enough. The sti dampers are easily 3x the thickness of the stock ones 

I got eibach front 23mm and rear 24mm from demon tweeks, made the car a lot more stable in corners feels like a better balance between over and understeer, letting me power on a little sooner / harder out of corners. They come properly powder coated unlike the whitelines that are made for Australian sun.

just keep in mind if you want to do the front you will have to drop the lower subframe to undo the arb mounts.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1