New Scooby member

Rob Jack

Hi everyone. I'm Rob. After years of wanting I'm now finally the proud owner of this. 2000 (W) 2.0 turbo   All standard apart from recaro seats and complete hayward and scott exhaust. Got 61000 on the clock and it's been well looked after. My very good friend who has a garage finally let me buy it. It's had a couple of terra cleans and drives really nice. I'm made up with it. As it's my toy and not my main car I'm thinking of what I can do to improve it. Looking at going to see Andy forrest later in the year for he mapping skills but in the mean time has anyone any suggestions. Will an induction kit give me any more bhp for example. Also looking at gold wheels

20160625_100956.jpg

Wecome to the club nice motor you have there. U won't go far wrong with andy forrest he cetainly knows his stuff i'm hoping to get to him soon aswell, defo go with the gold wheels but i dont think putting an induction kit will add any power until you get the car remapped as i think you have to tell the ecu that you have more air flowing into the engine i may be wrong and someone may come along and correct me ☺

An after market panel filter will give a slight increase in HP. Maybe 2hp on it's own. But throttle response will be quicker. I have the same car as you and from standard fitting a 3 inch exhaust from the downpipe back gave me an extra 23hp.

Cheers guys. The plan is to get any mods done before getting the re map. Up at forrest he doesn't do anything mechanical. So the thought process was to see eh at will give extra bhp. Make the changes then go and see him and have the map changed.