Maf help

TomB

Hi all, I need your advice. I recently bought some turbo cleaner which requires me to spray it into the intake of a cold, running engine, after the maf. But, as soon as I unclip my intake pipe after the maf, the engine cuts out. Should it, or should it keep running? If it should cut out, how do I add my spray?

Thanks all. 

I guess the maf has no air flow being drawn through it so engine cuts.  The mesh over the maf intake stops you from using an extended nozzle too?  Hopefully someone has done this before and can offer better advice. 

The car to my knowledge shouldn't die like that I usually unplug the maf then disconnect then inlet first and then start the car and apply the treatment as instructions. May I ask why are you using the cleaner is there an underlying problem? And what model of car is it? Hope all is well with it 

Yes you can I think they air on the side of caution because some maf are sensitive to some abrasive cleaners, so to cover them selfs tell you to remove the maf. I've done the treatment a few times but only once on my own scooby and I sprayed it into the inlet with the maf on. Just took the oil breather pipe off and used the hole it left in intake to put the straw in (pointing away from the maf and towards the turbo

Well I got the kit as a freebie in reform for some promo work, and add it came really hurt I thought I'd give it a try. 

So, it sounds like I should actually unplug the maf electric connection and the pipework then? They would make sense as the ecu wouldn't get any signal from it. 

Done! Is actually made a bit of difference. There used to be a little flat spot at around 2500rpm that's now gone. It pulls cleaner through the revs too. Worth doing for £30.

• Like 1