How many lambda sensors in 2000-2005 models?

Paul_JJ

HI,

I just want to know about the lambda sensors, I know that each car must have a lambda BEFORE the CAT and then optionally after the CAT. But here I found that the owner says that he only has 1 lambda and it's after the CAT, is that possible? Or is there are separate lambda somewhere on the exhaust manifold?

Here is the picture of the up-pipe, at first I thought that it's the lambda in the picture but the owner said that it's the heating element and the only lambda is located in the downpipe. Here is the question - how come we have a lambda AFTER the cat? if there is no other lambda before the CAT - according to many sources each car must have a lambda before the CAT.

s-l1600.jpg

Can someone advise please and explain how it's done in your Subaru?

Thank you.

Paul

Right, I thought so, that means for this cat to work I need to figure out how to move my downpipe lambda before the cat -((((((( cause I have no lambda on the exhaust manifold full stop, or I probably should look for the another bit BEFORE the up-pipe which has a lambda....

Oh sorry, didn't realise you were talking about a Forester! I would imagine they would be the same...

If the sensor in the headers is in the same place, you will have a little access port in the wheel well on the drivers side... maybe worth having a look?

IMG_6615.jpg

I believe it's the same for the impreza/foresters, really. I doubt there is any change, most subaru are the same to be honest as I read more and more about these cars.

Can you please confirm that your picture is showing the lambda in the same location as my picture above, right next to Up-pipe and there are bolts as well?

Can you see this sensor from under the car or do I have to take the wheel off??? I don't think I have this lambda on my car, but I will check. If I don't have it in order to install a CAT in the pipe I will have to move the original lambda which is on the downpipe to the headers like on the picture above as it must be before the CAT.

The header on my picture above - in the description it says - 

New genuine Subaru Impreza STI/WRX 2.5L front right hand exhaust manifold to fit vehicles 2004-2007.

Part number: 14010AA131

Do you think it would fit for a classic impreza? (my forester). OR 2.5 Litre have different fitment/dimensions?

Ours will have one behind the turbo and one behind the last cat, (assuming exhaust still stock)

I'm LED to belive the one behind the cat doesnt do a great deal apart from tell you if its on fire/dead.

Mines not even connected and doesnt cause any issues

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My exhaust is not standard! I believe i only have 1 lambda which is on the downpipe after turbo can be accessed easily from the the top.

Since I want to put the OEM up-pipe with the CAT, I will have to relocate the lambda to the ehxaust manifold BEFORE the up-pipe - at least for some time, till I'll be able to fabricate a good quality up-pipe, but that will take time and it's best to have a cat for the MOT time as well, which is very soon!

Yeh you would need to take the wheel off... there will be a smaller piece of plastic with a couple of those push in clips, it will be to the right of the suspension...

But it seems Stants has cleared it up saying there isn't one there anyway!

If the plugs are the same as the impreza, they will be on the driver side of the engine bay, next to the airbox

A pic would be great, as I have a white connector next to MAP sensor which is not plugged in to anything....

DOES anyone know if the 2.5 Impreza Exhaust manifold would be bolt on for the 2,0 litre?

I looked from the top and bottom and don't see a sensor out there.

Thank you!

Randon eBay search gave me this link - where they sell the same manifold for both 2.5 and 2 Litre, also older models are not listed, but the up-pipe from 2005 is the same as 97...

There is a cheap OEM manifold for sale, but it's 2.5 Litre, so I wonder if that would fit - that one has the place for the lambda sensor, so all I would have to do is to relocate my lambda to the manifold.

I think the 2.5 Litre will fit, at least the gaskets are the same -) I believe I would need the bolts as well, but so far didn't find any kits with bolts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-FORESTER-LEGACY-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-GASKETS-KIT-EJ20-/201474788877?hash=item2ee8d54e0d:g:MtAAAOSwwE5WWVlA

2   genuine Subaru Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

suits:

EJ20 engines 1992~2009

EJ25 engines  1992~2009

EJ22T, EJ20G, EJ20K, EJ205, EJ206, EJ207, EJ208, EJ255, EJ257

On 9/2/2016 at 4:28 PM, stants said:

Yeah white connector isn't attached been like that for two years no problems at all,

Its a tegiwa stopper no difference between them apart from 100quid in price emoji33.png

Is that the one???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-BRAKE-STOPPER-FOR-SUBARU-IMPREZA-GC8-93-00-/401171359840?hash=item5d67ad2860:g:lnsAAOSwHoFXsfdB

Also what was the anti-roll bar you recommended? And can you advise in regards to suspension? Have you replaced yours? or shall I look for used in good condition as I believe many people went for coilovers?

That's the one, although none of the bolts fitted through the suspension turret mounting points, there's a how to on here showing the problems I ran into,

SuspensionI wanted to keep it stock feel and drivable without breaking my back, so went with a pedders kit

http://www.pedders.co.uk/

Lots of people use the whitline rear arb but they need re painting due to being finished in thin paint, eibach and others are around there were some prodrive ones on the bay a while back going cheap

Pedders do loads of different parts, you can get lowering kits/raiding kits comfort etc

My suspension was dead the shock wouldn't return under its own power the only thing that was doing any work were the springs, so can't really compare, the only other scoobs I've ridden in have been on coil overs