Bought wrong wheels

bree9482

Hi guys i was dupped into buying the wrong pcd wheels for my car, no one seems to want to buy them...

So im considering buying wheel adapters,,

Read so many bad opinion's but l think it will be fine, any input...?

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Brenda

The main issue you'll have is the adaptor thickness, so the extra offset.  A 20mm adaptor would take you right out to 33 offset which would be too wide on the car. 

Think you'll just have to keep trying for sale section or eBay. They are really nice and I'm sure if priced reasonably they wouldn't take long to sell. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

More Hawkeye post 2005. Not sure on the 05 Blobs off hand but most if not all Blob STI would be 5 x 100. Be safe to say Hawk STI.

Edit - think they did change 05 Blobs to 114.3

widetrack is the change point

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Hi Brenda

The main issue you'll have is the adaptor thickness, so the extra offset.  A 20mm adaptor would take you right out to 33 offset which would be too wide on the car. 

Think you'll just have to keep trying for sale section or ebay. They are really nice and I'm sure if priced reasonably they wouldn't take long to sell. 

Hi Geoff,

So yeah it would bring the offset down to +33, that would mean the wheel would sit further toward the wheel arch..?

I have stock suspension on and have plenty of clearance from the arch.

Or do you know this would cause me issues...?

thanks for you help...!

Yes further out into the arch.

I think there is a 15mm adaptor available. If so this would be much better.  I would suggest calling up a retailer of them like demon tweeks etc.  to get a full understanding of fitment. 

In all honesty I just don't know for sure when you will start rubbing.

Your current fitted wheels if standard will be less than the 8 inch width of the new ones and have smaller width tyres than you will need on the new ones, so looking at it as it is is deceptive to what your new ones would look like with no spacing even if the offset is the same.  I think an 8 inch et38 will be tight with 235 tyres in the standard arch. 

I hope someone can comment further for you. 

• Like 2