Phenolic manifold spacers

Hi folks,

As I have the intake manifold of my GC8 being painted, thought this might be a good opportunity to put some phenolic spacers in to reduce heat transfer from the heads to the manifold.

Anybody have experience? Worth it? Issues with mounting or the raising of the manifold by the thickness of the spacer?

Cheers

Adam

Lol .

I haven't got any before and after intake temp comparisons but the inlet manifold physical feels cooler than it did without them .

I went for 8mm ones as I'm running a custom inlet and fmic pipework . The only issue I found was my v1 classic header tank bottom pipe seemed a bit stretched but the smaller thickness ones should be fine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

Lol .

I haven't got any before and after intake temp comparisons but the inlet manifold physical feels cooler than it did without them .

I went for 8mm ones as I'm running a custom inlet and fmic pipework . The only issue I found was my v1 classic header tank bottom pipe seemed a bit stretched but the smaller thickness ones should be fine.

Cheers for that. Do you use a gasket either side of the spacer, or does the spacer itself act as the gasket?