Hi there! Long time Impreza owner but newbie on here :)

Tommy123

Hi there'

huge Subaru fan' - Totally in love with my Bugeye Wrx! I've previously had a classic, 2 Blob eyes and a blob Sti' - 

I've come to understand there's Only one car for me and it's the Impreza'

- I've had the bug since march 16 but I need some help' - been consentrating on external upgrades  but I need a map or engine upgrades - I'm running a TD05 turbo and cold air induction, full decat etc - manual boost dial' 

if I set the boost near 15psi or above its cutting out on full boost' 

loss of power for like a second then back on - can't be good for the engine so I run low boast until solved but it's frustrating as I'm missing horses!

could it be fuel starved if the injectors arnt upgraded?

many thanks :) 

IMG_1496.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome.nice looking bug you have their.i have a 08 wrx hatch runnin 320bhp runs great but was gettin chatter from turbo when changin gear,my boost is 14psi so to stop chatter i opened my dump valve to vent a little pressure which work but for some rrason make boost go over 15 psi and makes computer kick it into limp mode,so i closed dumpvalve again and its been ok back to 14psi.could it be something like that doin it to your car.i have read subarus sometimes dont like dump to atmosphere.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the Reply's :)

im unsure of a remap prior to ownership with the mods' - you were right it's the ECU cutting off the fuel' - Its too much boost' I've serviced the car/ set the manual boost to 14psi and adjusted my throttle cable (a little slack) I disconnected my Battery before a full English, an hour later I re connected to reset the ecu (brake pedals and some light on &hazzards etc- it's running beautifully sweet' no loss of power and it I'm very happy :)

I will Be binning the manual boost and going oem' next job new gear knob & claiming on a windscreen (crack) and new wipers' 

Welcome to S.O.C glad to see you have signed up, always nice to see more subaru lovers here:cool: And bug owners not enough bug love :biggrin: Car looks great bit like how mine used to look with the lights but mines blue. :happy:

17 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Welcome to S.O.C glad to see you have signed up, always nice to see more subaru lovers here:cool: And bug owners not enough bug love :biggrin: Car looks great bit like how mine used to look with the lights but mines blue. :happy:

Thank you Gambit! I don't know what it is but this bugeye has really got under my skin :) it's a keeper! You'll have to post a pic of your bug ;) 

• Like 1