Hi. newbie here looking for advice

ChrisL

Evening all! 

I have just sold an rs4 V8 to allow for my family wagon and am looking for an alternative and have always wanted an Impreza sti. I have about 8K to spend. What does everyone suggest.  I do not want a classic to be honest also has to be an sti :).

i look forward to this being my new forum

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Evening all! 

I have just sold an rs4 V8 to allow for my family wagon and am looking for an alternative and have always wanted an Impreza sti. I have about 8K to spend. What does everyone suggest.  I do not want a classic to be honest also has to be an sti :).

i look forward to this being my new forum

Some pics of my old Audi rs4. Miss the v8 but I missed the turbo even when I had it ☺️

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2506.PNG

IMG_2507.PNG

IMG_2509.PNG

Prices gone a bit silly should find a nice blobeye sti or hawk sti for that 

if you want some comfort try a spec d ! But my 8k would go on a gb270 wagon in grey 

Thanks for the info. I must admit I did look at wagons but decided against it.

I'm confused with all the engine talk. Are the 2.5's that bad?

I am a mechanic but VAG and don't know much about these tbh. I have read that I should be going for a bug or blob eye and staying away from 2.5 hawkeye

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

People slate them , tidgy loves them , tho I think if you found a sti fully forged in budget its a bargain ! Was one earlier this year when I was looking for about 9 ! 

Blob sti is a nice car but currently commanding a high price 

yeah the gb270 is a wrx with extras but quite sort after 

welcome to the club.think its like any car the 2.5 is good if its been look't after,get a dog and have problems,the 2.5 hawk onward is more tax then the 2.L blobeye though,i have the hatch wrx 2.5 and i love it.you may find the blob and hawk are not as luxurious inside coming from the audi,hatch onwards are a bit better,hatch 330s has best interior in my opinion,but cost more. 8k,sould get a nice blob for that,9 10k a hawk.

17 hours ago, matt said:

People slate them , tidgy loves them , tho I think if you found a sti fully forged in budget its a bargain ! Was one earlier this year when I was looking for about 9 ! 

Blob sti is a nice car but currently commanding a high price 

yeah the gb270 is a wrx with extras but quite sort after 

you called :D lol

Built right they are awesome :) but out the factory they are pants :(

CCI13042013_0001_zps03bf97d6.jpg

and that was on low boost :D

My type R now has a 2.5 conversion in it as well :D

O and welcome lol

3 hours ago, aucky said:

welcome to the club.think its like any car the 2.5 is good if its been look't after,get a dog and have problems,the 2.5 hawk onward is more tax then the 2.L blobeye though,i have the hatch wrx 2.5 and i love it.you may find the blob and hawk are not as luxurious inside coming from the audi,hatch onwards are a bit better,hatch 330s has best interior in my opinion,but cost more. 8k,sould get a nice blob for that,9 10k a hawk.

Interior will seems pretty cheap by comparison no mater which you go for. I went from and M3 to a hawk and you could tell it wasn't anywhere near the comfort level

• Like 1

I'm in the same predicament as you...I have about 9k to spend and found a hawk, but not built up here in the North East. Think there's a silver hawk (56 plate?) at a place called Tony Gilberts down south that's completely built. Think he was asking 10 large ones though...