Replace the original radiator with aftermarket one

moshe_levy

I just want to replace my radiator to mishimoto one or toyo (israel is hot country) but my car is auto trans gear so i need external gear oil cooler,and i don't know the size and the brand that would do the job like the original inside the radiator or even better.

How should i choose the one that will keep my gear for long time?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I would look at mocal perhaps, something like a 235mm matrix width 25row (194mm) and look into having a thermostat on it and even a temp sensor & guage perhaps .
USA does few transmission cooler kits so worth looking at US websites etc to get more ideas .

I would be more worried about oil temps myself, oil cooler kit (make sure its thermostatically controlled).

my old one on my impreza

IMAGE_00035.jpg

Because the heat from the oil is transferred to the water (modine), controlling the oil temps you'll drop the water temps

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, moshe_levy said:

But on your impreza it was manual transisn't it?

Mine is auto trans so it's more critical.

I have to keep oil cold with only air that comes from the front.

Auto/manual doesnt make any difference, besides were talking about a front mounted oil cooler as shown in the pic. Will be far more effective at keep oil temps regulated than changing the rad.

Look i dont want to change the rad because of the oil cooler but because of the engine.

Moshimoto and koyo rad doesn't have rad with oil cooler so i need one separated at the front,my trans is auto.

My later impreza auto trans has a modine cooler / heat, oil / water heat exchanger setup attached to the drivers side of the engine under the air intake pipework. But as described an additional trans oil cooler kit will be the simplest solution and you can reposition to increase airflow to the cooler